Chapter 53: Library of Heaven

I woke up feeling like I was on the top of the world.

Laying down on a soft and comfortable bed, with sunshine cascading down from the windows, with my cute devil princess girlfriend in my arms. It was hard to describe the feeling, almost like aggressively good.

I absentmindedly brushed Rias' hair as she snuggled into me. Laying down with her felt nice. One of the nicest feelings for that matter.

I had done it, I overcame the first hurdle, I proved myself better than Issei and managed to overwhelm Riser like Issei wished he could. I deserved the Boosted Gear in my hands.

As I was thinking this, Iter Melius popped up, it had been rather quiet for a while. I hadn't even gotten a quest for defeating Riser like I had expected.

But reading it I was just filled with more confusion.

____________________________

Analysing...

The host has finished designated "Season 1!"

Calculating feats...

...

Rebooting...

Accessing ######

Reward: Temporary access to the Library Heaven

Accessing the Library of Heaven...

____________________________

Before I could ponder on it too much however my vision faded away as my consciousness slipped into darkness.

✧—•✦•—✧—•✦•—✧—•✦•—✧

I woke up, this time not next to my smoking hot Devil Princess Girlfriend and not in my comfortable bed and now moderately pissed.

But as I looked around myself that sense of anger faded to more of a sense of awe.

'What in the goddam...?'

I had failed to notice that saying the name of the big man upstairs not hurting me which should have been a big red flag.

The ground beneath my feet was... The sky? Well, it was blue and I could see clouds under it, but it felt like there was both a floor under me and not at the same time.

And then there was the ceiling which had been replaced with even more sky, but this time I could see the curtain of stars peering from beyond the sky. The sight was mesmerizing.

But regardless of how cool and mesmerizing it looked it still failed to answer me, what exactly was this place and why was I here? I knew it said library of heaven like it made sense but this sure did not look like a library.

Oh, wait. I could probably just use Insight to figure it out right?