Chapter 7: Cute x Cat

Koneko flinched every time I took a bite out of my cookies while I relished the taste. She was eating out of her own bento but doing it painfully slowly, her gaze firmly affixed to my cookie box. The sheer desire in her eyes was clear.

I could see her making mental calculations on what to do as the cookies in the box slowly started disappearing one by one, she got more and more agitated the fewer and fewer cookies there were. I could see the indecision plaguing her.

Man, this was entertainment alright. This is way more fun than anything else I would be doing during lunch break instead. I really need some entertainment in my life.

As I lowered my hand into the box again Koneko suddenly moved closer to me, getting my attention and looking at me with eyes filled with longing, her gaze alternating between my cookies and my face. There was an unsaid plea in those eyes.

I raised my eyebrow at her, what did she think she would accomplish by simply looking at me like that? Did she think I was one of her fans that would grovel to her and give her my hard-earned cookies just because of a longing gaze?

Tough chance pal. This heart died years ago, you need some bigger guns than that.

To punish her for her naivety I quickly plunged my hand into the box of wonders and pulled out another ate it with speed shocking her. I was having entirely too much fun messing with her head.

"What do you want?" I asked, looking her straight in the eyes. I was very weak to cute things but I was weak to sweets too, especially when those sweets are my only meal of the day. But I was a man that could come to a compromise.

"...Can I have some?" She asked me in a monotone voice while pointing at my cookies. In response, I simply furrowed my brows.

"Why?" That simple question seemed to shake her as I wore a shit-eating grin on the inside. In truth I was not too opposed to giving away my cookies, I could always make more and for my current meal, I could always buy a sandwich.

I was doing this because I was bored and wanted to mess with her. And I don't want to give away my cookies when I could instead get something for them.

"...What do you mean?"

"I meant why should I give you my cookies?" Koneko took a step back as her eyes darted around cautiously searching for a response she could give that did not boil down to "I want it.".

Seemingly finding something she extended her own lunchbox toward me. It was half eaten.

"...Trade?"

"No thanks." She frowned a little, making a cute pouty face, I want to smoosh her cheeks and pat her head. Even though I said that, the intensity in her gaze did not falter in the slightest.

I sighed as if I was making a concession.

"Well, it seems like you won't give up on my cookies for some reason but they aren't free. I want something in return." Hearing my words Koneko got into a more defensive stance and I couldn't blame her, 90% of the male population of this school were perverts who would most likely demand something perverted.