Chapter 11: Vitality or Virility?

~Rias Gremory~

In the bedroom of her house wearing nothing but a sheer nightgown Rias looked at the "potions" Akeno had handed to her.

She felt a bit cautious and confused at why and how potions had ended up on her desk.

Potions were a very rare commodity, almost unheard of in fact. For example, the only potions available in the underworld(Including fallen angels here) were the Phoenix tears and they were very rare.

Apparently, a handful of people from other pantheons could also produce potions but those were limited in quantity just like Phoenix Tears but she did not know much about that.

So, it was safe to say that she was very surprised when Akeno teleported into her room to report to her that the student she had been looking into, Takumi, had summoned her. Which were good news.

Takumi turning out to be a magician was not a big surprise to her, after all developing a mana capacity like that as a normal human, it was almost expected that he was a magician.

But what didn't make sense to her exactly was the fact that Takumi was both apparently a self-taught magician and someone capable of using Alchemy to create potions. His mana was also growing at a noticeable rate, which he made no attempts to hide or simply did not know how.

While she understood that what she did not understand was why neither she nor Sona had ever noticed him before? After all, they must have seen him in school at least once or twice before, and records confirmed that he had going to this school for at least a year.

So, what had changed all of a sudden? Well, there was a possible explanation for this.

He did have a sacred gear. One that he had awakened recently too. And for his mana to rise so quickly too, it must be a pretty high-tier one at that.

Not only that, he must be very competent in using his sacred gears to improve that fast even with a good sacred gear. Probably one that allowed him to create potions, she may not know a sacred gear like that but even still there were sacred gears that remained undiscovered so it wouldn't surprise her.

And then there was the fact that he was somehow self-taught in magic. She did not know to what extent but that fact alone was very promising itself. What could he do with actual magic training if he claimed he already could do magic?

So, he was a self-proclaimed magician who had most likely awakened a sacred gear and could create potions. She had already tested their authenticity by cutting her arm lightly and drinking the healing potion(did he just choose the name from an RPG?) which caused the wound to heal up nearly instantly.

Oh, Sona would so regret allowing Rias to have dibs.

Her friend and rival, knowing her precarious situation, although having found Takumi first decided to let Rias have the opportunity to recruit Takumi first.