Chapter 16

The summer break is now one week till its end, Kirishima and Bakugo had been separated due to the blondes surprise cruise holiday. This had left Kirishima all alone as his parents went on a couples therapy retreat to try and save there long gone marriage. But, this loneliness would end today as Bakugo is to arrive home. 

Kirishima had already started planning the most romantic date for the two weeks ago and now he just has to finalise everything to make them perfect. He quickly rushes to the dock a few minutes before the cruise arrives. Quickly getting the banner and gifts that he had promised Bakugo he wouldn't get.

The cruise is now in the dock and people are rushing out to get to their busy lives, and there he is. The man of the hour, Bakugo. Kirishima runs into his arms giving him a long and passionate kiss, everyone is looking but they are all too jealous to judge them. "God I missed you!" Kirishima whispered inbetween kisses. Bakugo pulled away and took Kirishima into a warm embrace.

"I missed you too!-" He paused and looked towards Kirishima's new car, "I told you to not get me any gifts Ei!" He said with a chuckle. The two boys agreed to only get each other gifts on birthdays, Christmas and huge relationship milestones (1 year, 5 years and so on).

And so the date started, first on the agenda is their favourite picnic field. They stayed there for two hours just staring at the sky above them, every now and then feeding one another with various berried and fruits. Next on the list is the cinema trip to watch a showing of Bakugo's favourite horror movie, A nightmare on Elm Street. Kirishima hates horror movies, but he watches them knowing that Bakugo will be there to hold his hand. And last but not least on the agenda is a romantic cooking date at Kirishima's where the two boys cook together and then after, instead of eating the food they have a long night of catching up with one another's body.

*---- picks up the ring hastily, this is the biggest moment of his life. He thinks back to his past, all the mistakes he made that all led to this hopefully perfect day. Nerves struck his body as ---- walked into the field ---- once knew so well. Sadness filled his heart as he remembered how free and happy him and his boyfriend were before they graduated, before all hell broke loose in the hero world. But worse was yet to come, ---- knew that worse would happen as he grew in the ranks. 

"Hey, what did you need to talk about?" ---- said as he attempted to bring his boyfriend into a hug, instead ---- got down on one knee leaving ---- in shock. "Wait, are you doing what I think you're doing?"

"---- ---- I don't deserve you, I never have. I never thought I would end up with someone as great as you and I wish I appreciated you more when we were younger. You are the love of my life, forever and always I fucking swear. So, will you make me the happiest man and marry me ---- ----?" He said, tears forming in his eyes which is a rare appearance. 

---- pulls the teary boy into a warm hug and kisses him on the cheek. "Yes! But you won't be the happiest man because I already am!"*

Bakugo wakes up to the bright light shining through the window, he turns to look at his boyfriend but Kirishima isn't there; Bakugo hears someone walking up the stairs. "Hey sleepy head. I made us some pancakes to eat, I thought we could eat in here seeing as you are probably a bit sore from last night. I went a bit rough haha.." He exclaimed as he placed the tray of food onto the bed and sat down next to Bakugo whilst getting back under the covers.

"I'm gonna marry you one day, I swear it." The messy blonde boy says as he kisses his boyfriend on the lips. Kirishima nods in response and kisses him back before stuffing his face in pancakes. 

The day was slow and full of preparation for the next school year, it would most likely be the same old shit they were doing in year one but just more complex. But that won't be any trouble for the two boys. Their love is stronger than any other, as if they are soulmates, destined to be together in every universe. 

"Not to be all soft and shit, but you're the first guy I've ever loved. You are my first love Eijiro Kirishima! Don't ever forget that." Bakugo whispers gently into Kirishima's ear. They cuddle up together until a ping is heard from the red heads phone. "For fuck sake, who is it?"

"It's Mina, she's asking if we wanna hang out later. What'dya say?" 

"Fuck that shit, go without me. You deserve some one on one time with her, I know you've been alone all summer because everyone went away. Have fun with her today and we will spend the rest of the week having fun with each other, in multiple ways~" Bakugo says with a smirk. Kirishima replies to the text, gets dressed and heads out the door giving Bakugo a final kiss. They exchange their I love yous and leave each other. 

Bakugo cleans Kirishima's house, looking at baby pictures of Kirishima and sorting through his closet trying to find all the sweaters he had stolen from Bakugo. He left them there after wearing them for a bit so that they would smell like him so that Kirishima would always feel like Bakugo was with him. As well, the blonde boy gets his and his boyfriends school stuff ready so that they don't have to stress about it later; and finally laying rose petals on the bed as he awaits Kirishima to get home. 

It wasn't much, but Bakugo liked to do little romantic gestures like this every once in a while to let Kirishima know how committed he is to the relationship, even though he doesn't believe he deserves this much love.