Ch 4

Eve Breaux stood at the crossroads of her future, a twenty-year-old woman with caramel skin sprinkled with freckles and long box braids interwoven with white threads that cascaded down her back. Her striking appearance turned heads on the bustling college campus, a vibrant testament to her Creole heritage. New Orleans, her hometown, was never far from her thoughts, even as she immersed herself in the world of academia.
Her love for Greek mythology had been the catalyst for her journey to college. The ancient tales of gods and heroes captivated her imagination, pushing her to explore various fields of study. She found herself torn between the allure of archaeology, the creativity of art, the precision of technology, and the scholarly pursuit of becoming a professor. Each path held a unique appeal, and the future seemed both promising and uncertain.

 Each path held a unique appeal, and the future seemed both promising and uncertain

Eve's parents, who lived in Baton Rouge, were her unwavering support. Her mother, a dedicated nurse, and her father, an IT technician, had worked hard to provide for her education. They believed in her potential and encouraged her to chase her dreams, no matter where they might lead.
On campus, Eve was an only child but had found a second family among her friends. Ruth, her best friend, was the complete opposite of Eveâ€"blonde, outspoken, and a free spirit. Ruth's exuberance often drew Eve out of her shell, challenging her to see the world from different perspectives. While Eve was reserved and introspective, Ruth's boldness added a dynamic contrast to their friendship.
Despite her reserved nature, Eve's presence was felt deeply by those around her. She carried herself with a quiet confidence, her mind constantly engaged in thoughtful contemplation. Her conversations often veered into the realms of mythology, art, and history, where she felt most alive.
Eve's journey was just beginning. Each day on campus was a step towards discovering her true calling, and the possibilities were endless. Her heart brimmed with dreams, each as colorful and intricate as the braids she wore. She aspired to excel in her studies, to make a mark in whatever field she chose, and to honor the rich legacy of her heritage.
As she walked through the campus, Eve felt a sense of anticipation and excitement. The world was vast and full of opportunities, and she was ready to embrace it all. Her path might be uncertain, but with the support of her family and friends, and her own unwavering determination, Eve Breaux knew she was destined for greatness.

   Eve broke away from the bustling campus to make her way to downtown New Orleans. Street musicians and road construction filled the warm autumn air.
Eve sat in her usual corner of the quaint café, a textbook on Greek mythology open in front of her. She sipped her coffee, lost in the tales of gods and heroes, when the door swung open with a gust of wind. A tall, imposing man stepped in, his dark eyes scanning the room with an intensity that made everyone pause.

He strode to the counter and spoke in a deep, resonant voice. To Eve's surprise, he was speaking ancient Greek.

"Θέλω να μάθω για το θάνατο της γÏ...ναίκας μοÏ...," he said, his tone commanding yet filled with sorrow.