ch 40

In the shadowed depths of the underworld, Hades, the enigmatic ruler of the dead, received a fateful decree from Gabriel, the archangel tasked with maintaining order within the celestial realms. The mission was clear: to bring an end to the chaos wrought by the Sumerians, whose insatiable thirst for power threatened to unravel the very fabric of existence.

Meanwhile, Utu, the radiant Sumerian god of the sun and justice, stood as a stalwart defender of his people, his golden light a beacon of hope amidst the encroaching darkness. As the appointed guardian of divine law, he could not idly stand by as Hades moved to fulfill his grim mandate.

"Come to steal my powers Utu?" Hades stood as he watched the deity enter.

"Why are you allowing heaven to rule over you? The Creator cursed us all when we took his worship. We deserved the worship we received. We were the ones aiding the humans. We built civilization and decided their fate."

"We were only to aid them, never to be rulers over them. We never created them so how can we steal the worship for the creator? The Lord created us and all that you see, how dare we imagine we could ever come close to him." Hades growls.

The clash between Hades and Utu was an epic confrontation that transcended mortal comprehension, a battle of cosmic proportions that shook the very foundations of the heavens and the underworld alike. With each strike and counterstrike, the balance of power teetered on a knife's edge, as the fate of the Sumerian civilization hung in the balance.

Hades, wielding the power of death and decay, sought to extinguish the flames of Sumerian defiance with relentless determination. His shadowy minions swarmed forth from the depths of the underworld, their cold embrace threatening to snuff out the light of Utu's righteous fury.

But Utu, undaunted and resolute, stood firm against the tide of darkness, his blazing radiance illuminating the battlefield with the brilliance of a thousand suns. With righteous indignation, he unleashed torrents of searing light upon Hades and his minions, driving them back with the fury of a celestial tempest.

As the battle raged on, the very fabric of reality trembled beneath the titanic clash of divine forces. Thunderous booms echoed through the heavens as Hades and Utu clashed in a contest of wills that transcended mortal understanding. However utu forgot one thing, this was Hades' domain. From the swirling darkness, a figure emerged, draped in green and gold. Loki, the Norse god of mischief, smiled slyly as he approached the throne. He gripped Utut from behind, holding him hostage

"Ah, Hades. Long time no see. Seems like you're in quite the predicament."

Hades paused, his eyes narrowing as regarded the trickster.

Hades glares at "Loki. To what do I owe the... pleasure?" Loki shrugged, his grin widening.

"I heard you have a bit of a sunburn problem. Thought I might lend a hand." Loki spoke of killing the god in his hands.

"And what would you want in return for such... generosity?" Hades asks

Loki's expression turned serious, his eyes glinting with cunning.

"A bride. There is a mortal event—beautiful, strong-willed. I desire her."

Hades' gaze darkened as he considered the request.

"Who?"

"Eve." Loki smirked. Hades tried not to grow angry. He could not make Loki see that Eve was a favorite of his.

"You speak of Eve Breaux. She is indeed a rare gem. But she harbors feelings for another... Perseus."Loki's eyes flickered with amusement and annoyance.

"Perseus? The hero? How quaint. But feelings can be... redirected."

"She's stubborn, Loki. Her heart is set. Even the underworld's might can't bend true love easily." Hades did his best to play it well. Loki's smile turned predatory.

"Leave that to me. Ensure her cooperation, and I'll see to it that Utu's flames are extinguished. As well as any other sumerian deity I come across" loli squeezed the god's neck in his hands.

Hades rose, his form towering and imposing.

"You have my blessing to try and romance her,But remember, Loki, betray me and even your tricks won't save you from my wrath. If you harm her or manipulate her, you will end up in the pit. If she is harmed in any way, you will regret it."

Loki chuckled, the sound echoing through the dark halls.

"Oh, Hades, you wound me. Our interests align—for now. Besides, who wouldn't want to see the sun god brought to death?"

With a final nod, Loki turned and snapped the gods neck before disappearing into the shadows, his mind already plotting. Hades watched him go, a grim smile playing on his lips. The game was set, and the pieces were moving. The mortal realm would soon feel the tremors of their divine conflict.