ch 49

long shadows across the ancient grove where Eve often found solace. Tonight, however, peace was far from her reach. She stood at the edge of a clearing, heart racing as two figures confronted each other under the gathering twilight.

"I got a blessing from hades that I can seek your hand just as long as i do not harm you." Loki spoke.

"Loki, I told you before I don't want to be with you!why would Hades allow that!" Eve yells. Perseus, never far from Eve, exits from behind the trees to see her yelling at Loki.

"What is going on here?" He asked as he glared at Loki. He never trusted the god.

"He continues to try and win my hand. And What does Hades have to do with this?" She placed her hands on her hips.

"When I killed Utu, I asked him if I could ask for your hand in marriage." Loki took a step towards her. Perseus quickly wedged himself between them.

On one side stood Perseus, hero of legend, his muscles tense and his eyes burning with resolve. Across from him, Loki, the god of mischief, exuded a chilling confidence, a sly smile playing on his lips.

"Loki, your tricks won't save you. Leave Eve out of your schemes."Loki laughed, the sound echoing eerily through the grove.

"Ah, Perseus. Always the hero, aren't you? But this isn't just about eve. It's about power, destiny... and perhaps a bit of fun."

Perseus tightened his grip on his sword, the blade gleaming in the fading light.

"If it's a fight you want, then so be it. I won't let you harm her."Loki's eyes gleamed with malicious delight.

"I don't wish to harm her, I wish to wed her."

"Over my dead body."

"Very well. Let's see if the hero's might can stand against a god's trickery."

With a wave of his hand, Loki summoned a swarm of illusions. Perseus found himself surrounded by countless duplicates of the trickster god, each one taunting and laughing at him. His eyes darted around, seeking the real Loki, but each figure was indistinguishable from the next.

"You think illusions can stop me?"

Drawing a deep breath, Perseus closed his eyes, focusing his mind. He remembered the teachings of Athena, who had once guided him. With a swift, decisive movement, he swung his sword through the nearest illusion, which dissipated into mist.

"Impressive. But can you keep up?"

The real Loki emerged from the shadows, striking with a dagger aimed at Perseus' side. Perseus deflected the blow just in time, the clang of metal ringing through the air. Their fight was a dance of steel and cunning, each move countered with precision and skill.

As they clashed, Eve watched from the edge of the clearing, fear and hope warring in her heart. She knew she had to do something, but what could a mortal do against the powers of a god?

"Perseus, be careful!"Perseus glanced at her, his determination redoubling. He couldn't afford to lose. Not now, not when so much was at stake. With a fierce cry, he unleashed a flurry of attacks, forcing Loki to backpedal.

Loki's expression shifted from amusement to irritation. With a snarl, he summoned flames to his hands, hurling fireballs at Perseus. The hero dodged and weaved, but the onslaught was relentless.

"I won't let you win, Loki. For Eve, and for all those you would torment."

Summoning the last of his strength, Perseus raised his sword high, channeling the divine power gifted to him by the gods. A blinding light erupted from the blade, slicing through the illusions and striking Loki square in the chest. Loki staggered back, eyes wide with shock. For a moment, the grove was silent, the only sound the ragged breathing of the two combatants. Then, slowly, Loki straightened, a grim smile tugging at his lips.