Ch 31

Hades stepped into the desolate clearing where he felt the tremors of powerful divine energy resonating from. The sky was a tumultuous swirl of dark clouds, an ominous backdrop to the confrontation that was about to unfold. The air was thick with tension as Hades' fiery eyes scanned the surroundings, searching for any sign of Zeus or Eve.

Suddenly, the ground shook violently. From the shadows emerged Xing Tian, his imposing figure towering over the landscape. His eyes burned with a fierce determination, and his battle axe glinted menacingly under the stormy sky.

"Hades," Xing Tian's voice boomed, echoing through the clearing. "You shall not pass. Your quest ends here."

Hades narrowed his eyes, his jaw set in grim determination. "I have no quarrel with you, Xing Tian. Step aside, and no harm will come to you."

Xing Tian raised his axe, the blade humming with divine energy. "I cannot allow you to disturb the celestial order. Zeus has commanded your path to end here."

Hades drew his bident, the weapon shimmering with an otherworldly glow. "So be it," he growled, his voice a low rumble of thunder. "But know this: nothing will stop me from saving Eve."

The two deities charged at each other, their weapons clashing with a resounding crash that sent shockwaves through the air. Sparks flew as divine metal met divine metal, each strike more powerful than the last. Hades moved with a fluid grace, his bident striking with precision, while Xing Tian countered with brute strength and unwavering resolve.

The battle raged on, each combatant pushing the other to their limits. Hades' dark aura clashed with Xing Tian's celestial energy, creating a maelstrom of power that threatened to tear the clearing apart. Despite the ferocity of the fight, neither deity showed signs of backing down.

As the duel reached its peak, Hades summoned his inner strength, channeling the depths of his underworld power. With a roar, he unleashed a wave of dark energy, catching Xing Tian off guard. The Chinese deity staggered, momentarily weakened by the overwhelming force.

Seizing the opportunity, Hades lunged forward, his bident piercing through Xing Tian's defenses. With a final, decisive strike, Hades impaled Xing Tian, the divine energy dissipating as the warrior fell to the ground.

Hades stood over his fallen opponent, breathing heavily. "Forgive me," he murmured, his voice tinged with sorrow. "But my fight is not with you."

He turned away from the fallen deity, his resolve unshaken. With renewed determination, Hades continued his journey, his mind set on rescuing Eve and confronting Zeus. The path ahead was fraught with danger, but Hades knew that nothing could deter him from his goal.

As he disappeared into the shadows, the clearing fell silent once more, the remnants of the fierce battle a testament to the relentless spirit of the gods. Hades' journey was far from over, but he knew that every step brought him closer to Eve and the final confrontation with Zeus.

Meanwhile, Perseus, driven by a desire to redeem himself and protect Eve as Hades had tasked him, arrived at the fortress ahead of Hades. He moved stealthily through the corridors, evading the guards with the agility and cunning that had made him a legendary hero. His heart pounded in his chest as he approached the chamber where Eve was held, determined to free her before Hades arrived.

But as he reached the courtyard, a formidable figure blocked his path: Hercules. The demigod stood tall and imposing, his muscular frame radiating strength and power. He eyed Perseus with a mixture of amusement and contempt.

"Perseus," Hercules rumbled, his voice like thunder. "You really think you can take on Zeus's mightiest champion? This is a fight you can't win."

Perseus tightened his grip on his sword, his eyes narrowing with determination. "I don't have to win. I just have to save Eve."

Hercules laughed, a deep, mocking sound. "Then come, let's see what you're made of."

The two demigods clashed with a force that shook the courtyard. Hercules, wielding his mighty club, struck with the power of a hundred men, while Perseus, nimble and quick, darted in and out, landing precise blows. Their battle was a brutal dance of strength and skill, each warrior pushing the other to their limits.

Hercules swung his club with devastating force, the ground cracking beneath its impact. Perseus barely dodged, his reflexes saving him from a blow that would have crushed a lesser man. He countered with a swift slash of his sword, drawing a line of blood across Hercules's arm.

The battle raged on, each strike more ferocious than the last. Perseus fought with a desperate intensity, driven by his need to protect Eve and redeem himself. Hercules, confident in his strength, fought with a brute force that seemed unstoppable.

But Perseus had faced impossible odds before, and he refused to give up. With a final, desperate effort, he feigned a stumble, drawing Hercules in for what the mighty demigod thought would be a finishing blow. At the last moment, Perseus rolled to the side and drove his sword into Hercules's side, finding a gap in his defenses.

Hercules roared in pain, dropping to one knee as blood poured from the wound. Perseus stood over him, panting and covered in sweat and grime. "Yield, Hercules. This isn't your fight."

Hercules, grimacing in pain, nodded reluctantly. "You... you have earned this victory, Perseus. Save the girl."

Perseus withdrew his sword, allowing Hercules to slump to the ground, defeated but alive. He hurried into the fortress, his thoughts solely on reaching Eve.