Ch 13

Eve and Ruth sat at their favorite café, a small, cozy spot near the campus. The aroma of fresh coffee mingled with the scent of pastries, providing a comforting backdrop to their reunion. Ruth took a sip of her latte and leaned forward, eyes sparkling with curiosity. "So, you've been hanging out with gods now? Spill everything!" Eve chuckled, tucking a stray braid behind her ear. "It's been... intense. After helping Hades, Athena and I ended up meeting Aphrodite and Thoth."she explained who thoth was.Thoth is an Egyptian deity connected to justice and order, who is also linked to writing, wisdom, magic, and the moon. In addition, he is the deity of science, art, learning, hieroglyphs, and reckoning. Thoth is frequently pictured as a man with an ibis for a head.According to legend, Thoth was either self-created or descended from Set's forehead via the seed of Horus. He is the deity of equilibrium since he is also the offspring of these two gods.He goes as Jehuti, Tahuti, Tehuti, Zehuti, Techu, Tetu, and Lord of the Khemenu in other forms. Thoth is also connected to the goddess Ma'at and the concept of ma'at, or heavenly equilibrium. Seshat is his feminine counterpart, and Ma'at is his spouse. Ruth was clueless to all this mythology stuff so Eve often had to fill her in.

Ruth's eyes widened. "Aphrodite, like the goddess of love? And Thoth, the Egyptian god of wisdom?"

"Exactly. Aphrodite was fascinating, so full of charisma and charm. She had this aura that made you want to listen to every word she said. And Thoth, he was incredibly wise, always offering insights that made you rethink everything." Ruth shook her head in amazement. "And here I thought college was crazy. What are they like? Did you get any epic wisdom or love advice?"

Eve smiled, recalling the encounters. "Aphrodite talked a lot about the power of love and how it's not just about romance but also about self-love and compassion. Thoth, on the other hand, emphasized knowledge and understanding, urging us to seek the truth in all things."

"Sounds like you got a crash course in divine life lessons," Ruth said, laughing. "I can't believe you've been doing all this while I've been stuck in lectures."

"Trust me, it's been a wild ride," Eve replied. "But it's good to be back and just catch up like old times."

They spent the rest of the afternoon sharing stories, with Ruth recounting her latest college escapades and Eve providing glimpses into the extraordinary world she had stepped into. Despite the differences in their experiences, the bond between them remained as strong as ever.

As Eve and Ruth chatted, the café's tranquil atmosphere shattered with a sudden, thunderous crash. Patrons screamed and scrambled for cover as the front door burst open, revealing a towering, menacing Minotaur. Its eyes gleamed with malevolent intent, and its muscles rippled with raw power.
The Minotaur was a monster from Greek mythology that had a bull's head and tail and a man's body. The Minotaur was the child of a magnificent bull and the Cretan Queen Pasiphae. King Minos gave the craftsman Daedalus and his son Icarus the task of creating the Labyrinth, a massive maze, as a home for the Minotaur because of its hideous form. The Minotaur stayed in the Labyrinth, where he was fed every year by offerings made by young people and maidens. Ultimately, the Athenian hero Theseus murdered him.
"Eve!" Ruth gasped, clutching her friend's arm.

Eve stood, instinctively positioning herself between Ruth and the beast. Her heart raced, but she knew she couldn't let fear take over. Just as the Minotaur advanced, a melodic yet powerful voice rang out.

"Stand back, creature of chaos!"

Orpheus, the legendary demigod and musician, strode into the café, his guitar in hand. His presence exuded confidence and strength, and his eyes locked onto the Minotaur with unwavering determination.

"We need to fight it together," Orpheus said, positioning himself beside Eve. Ruth, though shaken, stood her ground, ready to assist however she could.

The Minotaur roared, charging forward with terrifying speed. Orpheus strummed his lyre, the notes resonating with a magical energy that slowed the beast's movements. Eve, drawing upon the wisdom of Athena and the courage she had gained from her recent encounters, focused her mind. Eve grabbed a metal chair and swung it.