ch 38

The Sumerian pantheon had important deities such as An, the deity of the heavens, Enlil, the god of wind and storm, AnKi Enki, the god of water and human civilization, Ninhursag, the goddess of fertility and the soil, Utu, the god of the sun and justice, and his father, Nanna, the god of the moon. Apart from the Egyptians, the Sumerians were particularly cursed. The constant war between them and beaven raged for millennia. Hades and Athena would be sent to put a stop to them.

The world of the gods lay in ruins, a bleak testament to the cataclysmic war between Hades and Zeus. Mount Olympus, once a symbol of divine majesty, was now a desolate wasteland. The sky above was a swirling mass of dark clouds, filled with the echoes of the chaos that had ravaged the realm. The air was thick with the scent of ash and the faint glow of residual divine energy. Amidst the rubble, Sumer, the leader of the Sumerian deities, surveyed the destruction with a heavy heart and a mind filled with grim determination.

Sumer stood at the edge of the great hall, his gaze sweeping over the broken columns and shattered statues of once-mighty gods. The age of gods is fading... but we must not let it end this way, he thought, his resolve hardening with each passing moment. He knew that in their weakened state, the gods were vulnerable to a far greater threat: the archangels, celestial beings whose power surpassed even the mightiest of deities.

Descending the crumbling steps, Sumer encountered the remnants of the Greek pantheon. Aphrodite , the once-proud love of the gods, now sat on a throne of rubble, her spirit visibly broken. The sight of their despair only strengthened Sumer's resolve.

"Aphrodite ," Sumer said, his voice firm but gentle, "what brings you here? Have you come to witness our final moments?"

Aphrodite eyes, filled with a mix of sorrow and defiance, met Sumer's. "No, Sumer. I have come with a purpose. We are all weakened, scattered... but we cannot afford to be divided any longer. The archangels are coming, and they will not show mercy.we have to obey them or perish"

"What do you propose, Sumer? We are but shadows of our former selves."

"We must unite," Sumer replied, his voice resonating with determination. "I will absorb the divine essence of the remaining deities from all the pantheons. Only then can we hope to stand against the celestial threat."

Aphrodite's eyes widened in shock. "Absorb our powers? That is a dangerous path, Sumer. You risk losing yourself.no, we must come under heavens rule like Hades have decreed"

Sumer met her gaze with unwavering resolve. "It is a risk I must take. For the sake of all that remains. This world needs a new protector, a new pantheon forged from the remnants of the old."

Aphrodite," Sumer called out, his voice echoing through the ruins. "You must join me. Your power is essential for the fight ahead."

Aphrodite stepped forward, her eyes wary. "You seek to take my power as well, Sumer? What makes you think I will give it willingly?"

Sumer's gaze hardened. "This is not a request. The archangels are coming, and we cannot afford to be divided. I will take your power, whether you consent or not."

Aphrodite's eyes flashed with anger. "You would dare to attack me? You will regret this, Sumer."

Without warning, Sumer lunged at Aphrodite, his hands glowing with divine energy. She responded with a burst of light, blinding him momentarily. The clash was swift and fierce, their powers colliding in a brilliant display. Despite her strength, Aphrodite was no match for the combined might Sumer had accumulated. With a final, desperate effort, Sumer overpowered her, absorbing her essence.

As Aphrodite's power flowed into him, Sumer felt a profound change. Her essence was intoxicating, a blend of love, beauty, and unyielding will. It took all his strength to maintain control, to prevent her spirit from overwhelming his own. When the light faded, Sumer stood alone, the weight of his actions bearing down on him.