Ch 5

The two made their way across town to the college dorms. Eve knocked on her friend's door and waited. The blonde threw open the door and looked Eve over. She then noticed hate.

"Who is this zaddy eve?" The blonde wiggled her eyebrows.

"Ruth, this is Hades." Eve introduced the god to her. Hades raised a brow and tried to figure out what a Zaddy was.

"Is the zaddy?" Ruth asked. A long awkward pause lingered.

"Answer the question!?" Ruth impatiently barked.

"I already tried..." eve added.

"Yess queen!" But Ruth's excitement was crushed by Hades walking past Eve and into Ruth's room. He had no idea what they were talking about, and he was fed up with standing in the hallway.

"Hades here is a widower, and we need your help, Ruth." Eve followed Hades inside. She quickly rushed over to him and snatched the bong he had picked up to examine. Ignoring her, Hades continued to snoop around Ruth's room.

"How can I help?" Ruth asked, ignoring Hades going through her stuff.

"Well, you are good with computers and..." Eve dances around the question.

"You want me to hack into something?" Ruth asked.

"Please? I wouldn't ask if I wasn't desperate." Ruth's eyes went to Hades who was now holding one of her lace panties. Ruth rushed over and snatched it from him. Hades chuckled a bit.

"Your chambers are quite filthy." Hades slips his hands in his pockets as he looks at the blonde.

"Look Zaddy, I don't need housekeeping advice. The last time I hacked anything I was almost arrested."

"Would gold and jewels sway your mind?" Hades asked.

"You mean money?" Ruth asked with an annoyed face. Hades pulled out his hand and opened its palm up to reveal gems and gold. Both women's eyes widened at the sight.

"Are they real?" Ruth asked as she approached him.

"Of course." Hades smirks

"Yes...hades, not only god of the underworld but riches." Eve blurted out.

"I'll do anything if you will be my sugar, Daddy." Ruth smiled and reached out to take the items in his hand.

Eve and Ruth sat in the small, dimly lit room, the soft hum of Ruth's laptop the only sound breaking the tense silence. Hades stood nearby, his eyes fixed on the screen as Ruth's fingers flew over the keyboard, hacking into the local surveillance cameras by the cafe. The air was thick with anticipation and dread.

Ruth's face was a mask of concentration, her fingers deftly navigating through lines of code. Finally, she found what they were looking for. "I've got it," she whispered, her voice trembling. She pulled up the footage, and they watched in silence as the scene unfolded.

Zeus appeared on the screen, his figure unmistakable. Persephone was there too, her face a picture of shock and betrayal. The moment of her death played out before them, brutal and swift. Hades, unable to bear the sight, let out a strangled cry and vanished from the room in a flash of darkness.

Ruth jumped; her eyes wide with fear. "What the hell was that?" she gasped, her voice rising in panic. "What did I just see? And where did he go? "Eve took a deep breath, trying to steady her own racing heart. She reached out to Ruth, placing a calming hand on her friend's shoulder. "Ruth, listen to me. I need you to stay calm."

"Calm? Eve, what is going on? Who was that? What did we just see?" Ruth's voice was shaking, her eyes darting around the room as if expecting another supernatural event. Eve took another deep breath and looked Ruth in the eyes. "I need to explain something to you, and it's going to sound crazy. But you have to trust me." Ruth nodded, still visibly shaken but willing to listen.

"That man you saw... he's Hades. Yes, the Hades from Greek mythology. And the woman in the footage, that was Persephone, his wife. Zeus killed her, and Hades is devastated."

Ruth blinked, her face a mix of disbelief and confusion. "You're telling me that guy was the god of the underworld? And Zeus killed Persephone? Like, Zeus? "Eve nodded. "I know it's a lot to take in, but it's true. I've been involved in this world for a while now. Hades came to me for help because he knew I had connections that could uncover the truth."

Ruth sat back, her mind racing to process the information. "So, all this time... Greek gods are real? And they're... they're involved in all this?"

"Yes," Eve confirmed. "They exist, and they have their own conflicts and politics, just like humans. What we just saw is a part of a much larger struggle." Ruth rubbed her temples, trying to make sense of it all. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Eve sighed. "I wanted to protect you. This world is dangerous, and the less you knew, the safer you were. But now that you're involved, I need you to understand what's at stake." Ruth nodded slowly. "Okay, I get it. But what do we do now? How do we help Hades?" We need to find him first," Eve said, her voice resolute. "He needs our support now more than ever. We need to make sure he's okay and figure out our next steps together." Ruth took a deep breath, trying to steady herself. "Alright. Let's find him. Where do we start?" Eve gave her friend a reassuring smile. "We start by checking the places he's most likely to go when he's in pain."

"Wouldn't that be his home?" Ruth asked.

"Probably. But that would mean we could not follow him there." Eve tried not to panic.

"We'll find him, Eve. we'll help him through this." With newfound determination, the two friends set out to find Hades, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead in the tangled web of divine conflict and mortal bravery.