ch 39

Athena informs Perseus and Eve that the Sumerians are on the hunt. Many of the other pantheons are either wiped out or in danger of it. Being that the sumerians were even stronger than the other deities, it was best for the two of them to hide. Perseus was only a demigod and Eve a mortal.

" I can't believe we are right back in the fire again. First Zeus and now the Sumerians?"

"The old gods always competed for power, but they went too far. Sumer and his family are killing the others to gather their powers, if they succeed then the only ones to stop them is heaven itself." Persues spoke as he walked alongside Eve. A shudder went up her spine at the thought.

"If they win, you know the turmoil they will inflict on mortals." Perseus could sense Eve's fear and he reached over to hold her hand as they walked forward. The touch of his warm hand calmed Eve down for a moment, but her mind raced still.

"Oh Ruth and Orpheus! I hope they are ok." Eve panicked once more. This time Perseues stopped and turned to face her.

"We can't panic and think of what might happen. We need to focus on getting to safety first and then plan our next move." Eve gazed into his blue eyes feeling a sense of ease flush over her once more. Perseus then wrapped his strong arms around her, bringing her infor a hug. Even Melted into his touch. Just as the tender moment began, it was cut short. The giant Gilgamesh's thundering voice bellowed as he ran towards them.

a clash of legendary figures, Perseus, the hero of Greek mythology famed for slaying Medusa, and Eve, found themselves pitted against Gilgamesh, the epic hero of ancient Mesopotamia known for his superhuman strength and adventures.

Perseus, wielding the reflective shield of Athena and the fabled winged sandals of Hermes, brought swift and calculated strikes against Gilgamesh, his movements honed by years of heroic exploits. Eve, with hades' helmet and sword.

Gilgamesh, towering and formidable, met their challenge with the ferocity of a raging bull, his legendary sword, the mighty weapon known as Ea, cleaving through the air with unstoppable force. With each clash of steel, the earth trembled beneath their feet, bearing witness to the titanic struggle unfolding before them.

Perseus, guided by Athena's wisdom, sought to exploit Gilgamesh's vulnerabilities, using his agility and cunning to evade the hero's devastating blows and strike at his exposed flank. Eve, drawing upon the strength of her convictions, lent her support to Perseus, weaving threads of strategy and guile to outmaneuver their formidable opponent.

But Gilgamesh, a force of nature unto himself, proved to be an adversary unlike any they had faced before. His indomitable will and unmatched prowess in battle pushed Perseus and Eve to their limits, testing the very essence of their heroism and humanity.

As the battle raged on, Perseus and Eve found themselves locked in a desperate struggle against the inexorable tide of Gilgamesh's might. With each passing moment, the odds seemed increasingly stacked against them, their hopes of victory fading like a dying ember in the face of overwhelming adversity.

But in the crucible of combat, where heroes are forged and legends born, Perseus and Eve refused to yield. Drawing upon the depths of their courage and determination, they rallied against Gilgamesh with renewed vigor, their resolve unbroken despite the daunting odds arrayed against them.

In a climactic showdown that shook the very foundations of the cosmos, Perseus and Eve unleashed their full potential, channeling the collective strength and spirit of humanity in a final, decisive assault against Gilgamesh. With a resounding clash of steel and thunder, they struck a blow that echoed through the annals of history, toppling the mighty hero of Mesopotamia and securing their place among the pantheon of mythic champions.