ch 41

The ancient city of Eridu lay under a sky thick with ominous clouds, the air crackling with the tension of an impending storm. In the center of the city, near the sacred ziggurat, a confrontation was brewing that would shake the foundations of the mortal and divine realms alike.

Loki, the Norse god of mischief, stood at the edge of the sacred pool, his eyes glinting with malicious intent. Opposite him stood Enki the other trickster, the Sumerian god of water, wisdom, and creation, his calm demeanor masking the power that coursed through him. Loli was now in this war. At first Loki was neutral to the war with Zeus, but now the sumerian threatened every one including Loki. He would help Hades kill these ancient deities in return for trying to win Eve's hand. Eve was his only prize he sought after. He could care less about heaven or their rules. If the mortal could warm the heart of the cold underworld deity than Loki knew she was special.

Enki noticed Loki approaching him unaware of his intentions "Loki, your presence here is an affront to the sanctity of this place. Leave now, and I will show mercy." Loki smirked, his form shifting slightly as he prepared for battle.

"Mercy, Enki? How quaint. But I have no intention of leaving. Your domain holds secrets I desire." Enki's eyes narrowed, the waters around him beginning to ripple and rise.

"Then you leave me no choice."

With a wave of his hand, Enki summoned a torrent of water, aiming to wash Loki away in a deluge. But Loki was quick, his form dissolving into mist before reappearing behind Enki.

"You'll have to do better than that." Loki smirked. Enki turned swiftly, the water responding to his will as it formed into serpentine shapes, lunging at Loki with terrifying speed. Loki dodged and weaved, his laughter echoing through the sacred precinct. He conjured illusions, making it appear as if he was everywhere at once, each image taunting the god of water.

"Enough of your tricks, Loki. Face me!"

"Tricks? I know you have your own tricks as well."

With a powerful gesture, Enki caused the water serpents to merge into a single, colossal wave, crashing down upon Loki. For a moment, it seemed as though the trickster would be overwhelmed, but then the water parted, revealing Loki standing untouched, surrounded by a shimmering shield of energy.

"Impressive, Enki. But let's see how you handle this." With a flick of his wrist, Loki unleashed a volley of dark energy, bolts of shadow racing towards Enki. The water god raised his hand, a barrier of pure water deflecting the attack. The force of the impact sent ripples through the air, the ground shaking beneath their feet.

"You cannot defeat me, Loki. Water is eternal, unyielding." Loki's smile turned sinister, his eyes glowing with a fierce determination.

"But even water has its weaknesses."

With a sudden burst of speed, Loki closed the distance between them, his hands crackling with dark energy. Enki moved to counter, but Loki was faster, his hands striking Enki's chest with a surge of chaotic power. Enki staggered back, a look of surprise and pain crossing his face.

"What...?"

"A little gift from the underworld. Chaos energy. It disrupts your control over the elements." Enki struggled to regain his composure, the waters around him roiling in confusion. Sensing his advantage, Loki pressed the attack, his movements a blur as he struck again and again, each blow weakening Enki further.

Finally, with a triumphant shout, Loki delivered a powerful kick, sending Enki crashing to the ground. The water god lay there, weakened and defeated, as Loki stood over him, victorious.