chapter 19

Chapter19: The Calm Before the Storm

The morning light streamed through the windows of the BTS dorm, casting a warm glow over the sleeping members. Slowly, they began to wake up, the memories of their recent dates and the impending mission fresh in their minds.

Taehyung was the first to stir, his eyes fluttering open to see Jungkook still nestled close, his face peaceful and content.
Taehyung smiled, brushing a stray hair from Jungkook's forehead. "Morning, Kookie," he whispered softly.

Jungkook stirred, blinking sleepily. "Morning, Tae," he mumbled, snuggling closer.

In the other rooms, the rest of the members were also waking up.
Yoongi and Jimin shared a lazy morning cuddle, while Hoseok stretched and yawned, a smile on his face as he remembered their fun day at the amusement park.

As they gathered in the kitchen for breakfast, the atmosphere was light and cheerful.
Jin was at the stove, expertly flipping pancakes, while Namjoon set the table.

"Last night was great," Hoseok said, taking a seat. "We should definitely do that more often."

Yoongi grunted in agreement, his usual morning grumpiness tempered by the fond memories of the previous day.

Jimin grinned, nudging Yoongi playfully. "See, hyung? You do have fun sometimes."

Yoongi rolled his eyes but couldn't hide his smile. "Yeah, yeah."

As they enjoyed their breakfast, Namjoon brought up the mission. "We should focus on the next steps today. We need to be prepared for whatever comes our way."

Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged a glance, their hands finding each other under the table. It has become a habit now, holding hands whenever anyone brings up the said topic.
"We're ready," Taehyung said confidently.

Jin nodded, setting down a stack of pancakes. "Let's make sure we stay united. Together, we can handle anything."

After breakfast, they gathered in the living room, spreading out the ancient book and other materials they had collected. Namjoon reviewed their findings, highlighting key points about the artifact and the guardian spirit.

"According to the book, the darkness that seeks the artifact is a powerful force that has been dormant for centuries," Namjoon explained. "We need to find a way to keep it sealed and protect the artifact from falling into the wrong hands."

Hoseok leaned in, his usual cheerfulness replaced with determination. "We can do this. We've faced tough challenges before."

Jimin nodded, his eyes serious. "And we have each other. That's our greatest strength."

Yoongi, always the pragmatist, added, "We should also have a plan in case things go wrong. It's better to be prepared for all possibilities."

They spent the rest of the morning devising strategies and ensuring they had everything they needed. The seriousness of their task weighed on them, but their bond gave them strength and resolve.

---

In the afternoon, they took a break to clear their minds and relax. Taehyung and Jungkook decided to go for a walk in the nearby park, finding solace in each other's presence.

"I know things are getting serious," Jungkook said, his voice thoughtful. "But I'm glad we had our date. It reminded me of what's really important."

Taehyung smiled, squeezing Jungkook's hand. "Me too. No matter what happens, we'll face it together."

As they walked, they encountered Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok, who were also taking a break from their preparations.
Jimin and Hoseok were bickering playfully as usual, while Yoongi watched with an amused expression.

"Hey, look who it is! My soulmate and his muscle bunny" Jimin called out, waving to Taehyung and Jungkook. "How's the lovebirds?"

Taehyung grinned. "We're good. How's the bickering trio?"

Hoseok laughed, ruffling Yoongi's hair. "Keeping Yoongi-hyung entertained, as usual."

Yoongi rolled his eyes but smiled. "More like keeping me sane."

Jimin chuckled, linking arms with Yoongi. "You love it, hyung. Admit it."

Yoongi sighed, shaking his head with a fond smile. "Yeah, maybe I do."

As they continued their walk, the members' playful banter and easy camaraderie lightened the mood, reminding them of the strength they found in each other.

---

Back at the dorm, Namjoon and Jin were finalizing their plans. Jin's dad jokes provided much-needed comic relief, easing the tension as they prepared for the mission.

"Why don't skeletons fight each other?" Jin asked, grinning.

Namjoon played along, shaking his head. "I don't know, hyung. Why?"

"Because they don't have the guts!" Jin delivered the punchline with a flourish.
His unique and extremely funny laughter filling the quite living room.

Namjoon laughed, shaking his head. "Classic, Jin-hyung. You never fail to make us smile."

As evening approached, the members gathered for a final briefing. They reviewed their plans and double-checked their supplies, ensuring everything was in order.

"Remember, we're in this together," Namjoon said, his voice steady and reassuring. "No matter what happens, we'll face it as a team."

Jungkook and Taehyung shared a look of determination, their hands intertwined. "We've got this," Taehyung said confidently.

Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok nodded in agreement, their usual playful demeanor giving way to a serious resolve.

With their hearts united and their minds focused, the members of BTS were ready to face the challenges ahead. The calm before the storm had strengthened their bonds, and they knew that, together, they could overcome anything.

As they settled in for the night, the dorm was filled with a sense of anticipation and unspoken promises. Whatever lay ahead, they were ready to face it, their love and friendship guiding them through the unknown.

"Yoongi hyung will you wear a cat costume for me after all of these are over?"

"For you i mght do it"

"..."

"Are you drunk hyung?"

" No"

"..."

"Hobi hyung did you recorded it?"

"Yep, everything"

"You devils-"