Chapter 16

There was an eerie silence inside TJ's house as he stepped in and placed his keys on the hook. He groaned and finally felt his muscles untense as the safety of home set in.

"Finally..." he sighed and plopped himself down onto one of the kitchen chairs, he undid his tie and placed it on the table. He was TIRED so so so tired... The whole sleep thing didn't recharge him whatsoever.. and he was so sorry...

****

Teaghan was enjoying the silence in her home.. sipping coffee and organizing her thoughts... The main problem in her life was now whether to keep working at Freddy's until it gets shut down or to quit and move on.

But TJ made her lean to the first one... He probably needed this job... How would he do it? She knew he couldn't possibly work in the same building as a dead man...

Maybe she could help him get a new job... And they could both move on-

"Teaghan dear!? Are you home?" A loud uptight women's voice called out from behind her door, breaking her chain of thoughts.

It was Payton... Her landlady... She silently cursed god as she finally stood up and walked over to the door and opening it.

"Hi... Mrs Star..." Teaghan said flatly, as Payton waved.

Payton was average... Still taller than her however... She wore her hair short, with Blue streaks.

"Hey Teaghan, so... I saw that you uhm... Had a guest and I just wanted to know who he was... You know the rules." Paytons voice dripped with sarcasm.

Teaghan sighed...she knew what kind of questions her landlady asked but had no right to.

"He's a co-worker... And he just needed to stay with me for the night... He left this morning." She explained but apparently Payton did not find this to her liking.

"Okay sure.. just know that if you two made a mess.... Please clean it up." Payton said as she clasped her hands together.

Teaghan nearly gagged. "We didn't sleep together. Ew why would you think that?"

Payton smiled again "just figured that that might have been the case. Have a good day Teaghan and remember... Rents due Thursday."

Teaghan shut the door without saying anything, she simply nodded.

Why was Payton such a bitch? They could've been friends if she wasn't so uptight. But then again that wouldn't necessarily be a good thing on so many levels.

She had more important things to do though, like for instance... The dead man at the restaurant she was working at.

And how she was going to pay rent. She knew that William signed the checks, not Henry. She should call tj, just a little later.

***

As Tj snored in his bed, he was completely covered under the covers, he felt a bit horrible and it had taken a little while for him to actually fall asleep... At least no one had shown up at his house.

His main fear was that the cops would come looking for him and arrest him for not telling them but he knew at least 50% of that was irrational.

But maybe everything was going to go as okay as it could... Hope wasn't the case.