Marjorie

I dial Catherine's mums number off of the phone. She is notorious for not answering so I left her a voicemail.

"Hiya this is Marjorie from the nursery. I've noticed a smell of Calpol coming from Catherine's bottle. I hope you're aware of our new policy and you will need to come and collect her as soon as possible. Thanks, bye!" I place the phone back down and pinch the bridge of my nose. Some of these parents infuriate me.

The office door opens again.

"Hiya Winter is everything alright?" I ask him as he walks in, looking around.

"Hello Marjorie. Yes I'm just looking for Autumn." He says, still looking around.

"Autumn is covering in preschool today. Jodie's on annual leave today. Doctors appointment."

"Ahh I see, well thank you Marjorie. See you later." He says as he walks out of the office, heading to the preschool room.

"See you Winter." I shout back. I get back to my e-mails and start reading and replying to them. As I am responding to one from head office, a new e-mail comes in from Reece.

"Hiya my gorgeous girl. I miss you. Just to keep you updated, Carly's doing fine. She's eating her meal deal at the moment but I just wanted to let you know. I love you my sweet. See you later ;)"

I'm so glad Reece looks out for Carly the way I do. I see Carly as my daughter and I can tell Reece does too. She's our work daughter and I adore her.

"Right I just need to get this photocopied." I stand up off of my chair and walk down the corridor to the photocopying room when Catherine's mum walks past me.

"Oh excuse me, Marjorie?" She approaches me.

"Yes? Are you here to collect Catherine?" I ask, trying to remain calm.

"Yes I am, I got your voicemail. I'm extremely sorry, so as a gift, I got you these." She hands over a small silver box and a bar of galaxy.

"Oh.. thank you my darling you didn't have to do that!" I say excitedly.

"Oh honestly it's no trouble. Well I better go get my daughter. I'll see you later!" She says as she walks down the corridor.

"Bye my love!" I shout down at her. I'm surprised she didn't have a go at me. Instead she got me gifts to say sorry. That is so sweet!

I pick up the photocopying and take it back to my office, placing down on my desk as I admire the small, silver box. I wonder what's inside?

*

Okay ik there's no Reece part yet but I promise his chapter will be here soon!