CHAPTER 01

Y/N P.O.V

"It has been 12 years since the legendary battle at Hogwarts. People rejoiced in happiness after the Dark Lord died, but that happiness did not last long. Another prophecy was made. It said that a new wizard would rise who would be stronger than 200 of the best wizards combined, with a soul darker than the darkness of the sky on a new moon night. Like Lord Voldemort, he too will be a Parselmouth. If he is not shown the right path in life, he will become the end of the wizarding world. On his 18th birthday, a snake symbol will appear on his wrist, identifying him. He will be different from any other wizard and will possess a pair of black wings that will be visible only when he turns 18 but can be hidden if he wishes. He will be known as the DARK PRINCE." Laura and I read in the History of the Wizarding World book.

"I think it's probably that Taehyung from Slytherin," Laura said confidently. I raised an eyebrow to ask why she thought that. She shrugged and said, "He has a very dark aura. I can't exactly put my finger on what's wrong with him, but I think he's the one who will be the next He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named."

"I don't know. I think it's probably Jimin. He has an elusive personality. We all know his aura is darker than Taehyung's. I don't think I've ever seen him smile. He always has this bleak expression as if a dementor took all his happiness and—"

"Are you done criticizing me and my friend?" A deep voice spoke from behind us. Laura and I turned around to face the school's most feared wizard, Kim Taehyung. I gulped and looked him in the eyes. "You should not eavesdrop."

Laura looked at me, worried. Both she and I were scared he might hex us.

"And you should not criticize someone if you know nothing about them. And we are older than you. You should not talk like that about your seniors," he said, his face as blank as ever. I felt shivers run down my spine at his cold demeanour.

"Let's go, Laura, or we'll be late for class." I glanced at Taehyung one last time before leaving.

"You don't have any class right now. Why did you lie?" Laura asked.

"I have my reasons," I told her blankly. As soon as Laura left to attend Potions class, I made my way to the seventh floor, standing in front of the wall when the door to the Room of Requirement appeared before me. The door disappeared behind me as soon as I entered. The walls in the room were a beautiful and bright shade of red. A voluminous, resplendent crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling in the centre of the room. The soothing sounds of the fire crackling in the fireplace filled the silence. The king-sized bed situated in the corner of the room, covered in silk bedding, was empty. I looked around and found my lovely boyfriend sitting on the armchair in front of the fireplace, shirtless, his feet resting on the ottoman in front of him. He was so absorbed in reading his book that he did not notice my presence. He looked ethereal as always. I smiled and made my way towards him.

I went near him and kissed his cheek. He flashed me his beautiful boxy smile, and I could not stop myself from kissing him. I grasped his hands and pulled him up. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulled me closer, and deepened the kiss. He broke the kiss and pecked my forehead. As I was about to move away from him, he pulled my wrist, dragging me towards himself, and lifted me in his arms, carrying me to the bed. He sat down with me on his lap and started to kiss me again.

I pulled out of the kiss and said, "We need to groom your wings, my love. Make them visible so that I can help you." I cupped his cheek and smiled. He nodded and covered my eyes with his hand. A few seconds later, he removed his hand, and I saw his beautiful brown Sambeagan eyes looking at me full of love and admiration. I looked behind him and saw his humongous raven wings. I climbed off his lap and moved to sit behind him. I started brushing his wings with my hands, removing any sort of dirt and stray feathers. It took some time, and when I was done, I found him sleeping. I wasn't surprised at all because he always felt very content whenever I groomed his wings and ended up falling asleep. I went in front of him and started admiring him. His face looked so angelic as he slept. I noticed the little pout that had formed on his face as he slept. I kept staring at him and suddenly felt the uncontrollable urge to kiss him. I slowly moved forward, connecting my lips to his. Just as I was about to back away, he grabbed my waist, pulling me in for a warm and passionate kiss. We parted after a few moments as he covered my eyes with his hand again. When he removed his hand, I noticed that he had hidden his beautiful wings again. I did not say anything as I knew he was very insecure because of his wings. He pulled me closer, making me sit on his lap. He embraced me with his strong arms, nuzzling against my neck, giving it a small kiss. He looked into my eyes and asked, "Why did you say that you suspected Jimin was the dangerous wizard when you know that it is me?"