CHAPTER-05

FLASHBACK

LAST NIGHT

NAMJOON'S P.O.V

I was overwhelmed with different emotions when the Hogwarts champion's name was announced. I felt relieved that I wouldn't have to do dangerous tasks, anger towards Taehyung for doing something as stupid as putting his name in the Goblet of Fire, even though I had done the same thing. Guilt washed over me after seeing Jin's teary eyes, knowing I made him worry so much. I felt bad for Y/N; she's like a sister to me, and seeing her hurt was unbearable. I couldn't imagine the hurt and betrayal she must be feeling, especially since it was clear she didn't know Taehyung had put his name in the Goblet. Most of all, I felt fear – a fear of never being good enough. Unsure of what to do, I left the Great Hall.

I wanted to be with Jin right now, but he was busy with Y/N. Jin is the only person who can help me when I'm down like this, the only one who can make me smile even when I'm at my worst. I don't know what I would do without him. As I was about to go to my common room, a part of me stopped me, feeling as if I needed to go to the Gryffindor common room. Entering, I could hear loud sobs. I peeked inside and saw Jin crying on the couch. I went to him and engulfed him in my arms; he buried his face in my chest and hugged me tightly. I caressed his hair softly, trying to calm him down. His sobs eased after some time, and I pulled away from the hug, looking at his tear-stained face. His eyes were puffy, his nose red, and his plush pink lips trembling – my heart broke seeing the love of my life in such a condition.

I didn't realize that my decision could make him feel so sad. I was going to apologize for putting my name in the Goblet of Fire when he smashed his lips onto mine. His soft, plush lips moved slowly against mine; I slid my hand to his small waist and pulled him closer as he wrapped his arms around my neck. Both of us conveyed our love through the kiss, breaking it after some time. I picked him up and made him sit on my lap; we looked into each other's eyes, silently communicating our love and admiration. Jin caressed my cheek softly, taking my glasses and putting them aside before kissing my forehead. Enjoying his attention and care, I closed my eyes as he kissed my eyes, cheeks, chin, and nose, ending with a soft peck on my lips. I smiled and opened my eyes to look into his, brimming with fresh tears. He was trying not to cry again, but a tear fell from his eyes, followed by others. I wiped his tears, kissed his forehead, and embraced him.

"I know I sound selfish, but I'm happy you're not one of the champions. I can't bear to see you hurt. You don't have to prove anything to anyone because I know you're someone I can rely on, someone I can trust blindly. You'll always support me no matter how much I nag you. I know you won't leave me, I know you'll protect me. You're the one I need, the one for me. I love you. Please don't pay attention to those barmy asshats," Jin said, looking into my eyes, his words sincere. I smiled and nodded, kissing him softly and cuddling.

"How was Y/N?" I asked, worried about her.

"She was very disturbed by Tae's actions, so she left the Great Hall soon after you did. I knew she needed some space, so I let her be. I think she's currently in her room," Jin said, looking gloomy.

"Don't worry; everything is going to be okay," I said, smiling down at him. He nodded and cuddled me again. We didn't know when we fell asleep, but one thing we knew for sure: I'm never sleeping on the couch ever again. My back was all sore when I woke up.