CHAPTER-17

Y/N P.O.V

I woke up to a dull throbbing in my head, I looked around and saw that I was in the medical wing, at first I was a bit confused but then the memories of the game started coming to me.

I looked through the large window and saw that the sun had already set and night had fallen. I sat up just as Madam Pomfrey entered the medical wing.

"Ah, I see you are awake. Well, are you feeling dizzy? Any urge to throw up?" He stood in front of me looking at me with a questioning gaze.

"No, I am not dizzy but my head hurts a bit."

"Well that was bound to happen dear, you hit your head pretty hard."

I looked around not seeing any of my friends and I felt a bit disappointed that no one came to see me. I think Madam Pomfrey noticed it because what she said made me calm down a little.

"Oh, don't worry, your friends are a rowdy bunch. They were very worried about you, ran straight here from the game, they were stinking up the whole place due to their sweat so I had to throw them out. I told them you will join them for dinner and prohibited them from seeing you. Go now, they must be waiting for you." I flashed madam Pomfrey a thankful smile and after I expressed my gratitude to her for taking care of me I walked out of the medical wing to change out of my quidditch uniform and grab some dinner.

I was on my way to the common room when someone pulled me in a dimly lit corridor, covering my mouth with their hand. I was going to kick the person but when they started speaking I relaxed.

"It's me, it's me sweetheart, it's me." I looked up and even in the dark I could make out the features of my boyfriend, who was looking at me with worry evident in his eyes. I pulled him in for a hug and his arms went around my waist pulling me closer to him in a protective manner which made me melt in his arms.

"Are you okay now?" He asked, not willing to part from the hug.

"Yeah, I am alright, my head hurts a bit but other than that I am good." I felt him press a kiss to my temple and I tightened my arms around him.

"Do you know how worried I was?" He sounded rattled and I was a bit shocked that he was not throwing a tantrum about how he nearly had a heart attack from my antics during the match.

"Hey, I told you I would be back in one piece and see here I am." A small smile made its way to my lips.

"Straight from the hospital wing."

I giggled at that and he slightly pulled away to look in my eyes.

"Did you get any grey hair today, Kim?" I joked.

"I don't know about grey hair but I certainly was close to lying in my death bed." We both laughed quietly.

"Did you eat something?"

"Nope, I was waiting for you."

"God, you are so whipped for me." I said dreamily.

"I don't understand that reference." I chuckled at his cute confused frown.

"Don't worry handsome, it's a muggle phrase."

"What does it mean?"

"It means you are head over heels for me."

"That is putting it very mildly my love. I am utterly and irrevocably in love with you, for me you are what love is." His words made my cheeks heat up and a blanket of warmth covered my heart in the most pleasant manner.