CHAPTER-14

TAEHYUNG P.O.V

I woke up early in the morning for the second task, I decided not to eat anything for breakfast feeling too anxious about what they could have possibly taken from me. heading through the double oak doors, I walked down the stone steps and out into the bright, chilly grounds.

The seats that were assembled in the great hall during the first task were now arranged along the black lake's bank, rising in stands were wizards and witches alike, packed to the point of bursting, the sound of their excited chatter echoed across the water.

Sitting on the other side at a table covered with a golden cloth were the other champions beside the judges' table, watching me walk towards them.

"I am here." Standing in front of professor Dumbledore, who smiled at me at that moment, Yoongi came running up to me panting heavily.

"Can we talk Tae?" His tone was urgent and he looked like he could faint at any moment.

"Yeah sure." I walked with Yoongi a bit farther away from the judges and the other champions.

"You remember that you told me about the clue and you could not understand what could possibly be taken from you?"

"Yeah." A sense of impending doom washed over me.

"They took away a person."

"What do you mean?"

"They have either taken Jimin or Y/N."

"Why?"

"Jimin cause he is your best friend, your platonic soulmate and I have no idea about Y/n."

"What makes you think they are in that lake?"

"I haven't seen either of them since this morning. I have also heard that Mark's boyfriend Jackson and Momo's boyfriend Heechul are also missing since this morning."

"They both went with the champions to the Yule ball. That means that Y/N is somewhere in the lake. Oh my god! There are grindy lows in there! What if they hurt her? what am I going to do?" I started panicking.

"Hey don't worry you will have an hour and there is a chance that Jimin might be there?"

"Jimin might be where?" I saw Jimin walking up behind Yoongi and hugging him from behind. Yoongi turned around and pulled him in for a deep kiss while I was frozen in my place, my face paled as the blood in my veins froze, my heart beating at an abnormal pace.

"This can only mean-"

"She is in the lake somewhere." Yoongi completed my sentence when I was unable to, a lump forming in my throat. If only I had not been selfish and not danced with her at the Yule ball she could be here, waiting in the stands waiting for me.

"Take a deep breath kim. You can't pass out right now, you need to go and save her before any Grindy low even comes near her shadow." Jimin said, pulling me out of my thoughts. I nodded while cursing myself mentally.

"How am I going to find her? The lake is too big and deep."

"I can help." Jimin said, handing me a bracelet, it fell off her wrist while duelling with Ronald.

"Why was she duelling?"

"No idea."

I took the bracelet from him and put it in my pocket when Professor Dumbledore called all the champions to gather on the stand when Jin, being the commentator, started his commentary.

"All our champions are now ready for their second task. They have an hour to recover what has been taken from them. On the count of three they have to jump into the chilly lake water. Brr I feel cold just by thinking about it. Alright! Get ready champions! ONE.....TWO.....THREE!" Jin's voice boomed out across the water to the stands due to the use of the spell 'sonorous'.