Chapter 15: CRAZY IS THE WORD

Bright and Win stayed on the beach until the first light of dawn broke across the horizon. The serenity of the night gave way to the morning, casting a golden glow on the sand and sea. They rode back, the early morning air crisp and cool. Bright dropped Win off at his home so he could get ready for college. As Bright returned to his apartment, he noticed the pile of scripts still strewn across his bed. The reality of Win's absence hit him, and he realized he had to tackle these scripts on his own. Resolute, he decided to take one of the scripts with him to college, planning to read it whenever he found a spare moment.

Though sleep tugged at his eyelids, Bright knew if he succumbed to it, he'd miss college again. Determined, he quickly showered, made himself a quick breakfast, and set off for college.

Meanwhile, when Win reached home, he found Shyle waiting for him, her eyes filled with disappointment.

"Shouldn't you let me know if you're coming home or not? Have you completely forgotten about me now that you have Bright?" Shyle's voice was tinged with hurt.

"It's not like that, Shyle," Win said, pulling her into a hug. "We just decided to have some fun, and I ended up drinking a bit too much. It was a celebration for him getting a job at an agency. He's going to be an artist soon." He explained, trying to soothe her.

"What? He got into an agency?" Shyle asked, her surprise evident. "And he didn't think he should tell his mother about it?"

Win was taken aback. "He didn't tell you? I thought he would have already."

Shyle's eyes welled up with tears. "Well, I guess I mean nothing to him anymore."

Win looked at her, wiping away a tear. "What have you both done to each other?" he asked softly. "No mother and son should be like this."

"I know," Shyle admitted, her voice breaking. "I've been a bad mother. I've never been able to fight my ego and hug him, tell him that whatever happens, I'm still his mother."

"You're not a bad mother, and he's not a bad son either. The circumstances made him feel that you cheated on his father, and that's why he killed himself. But the truth is often more complex than what we see. Sometimes, even with our eyes open, we're blind to the real story," Win said, trying to ease her pain.

Shyle hugged Win tightly. "I will talk to him, okay?" Win promised, trying to pacify her.

"Why would he listen to you?" Shyle asked, still sobbing.

"We'll see about that," Win replied with a reassuring smile.

Though Win was tired, his excitement to see Bright's face in college overrode his fatigue. He drove to college, his eyes scanning for any sign of Bright, but he was nowhere to be found. Undeterred, Win climbed the stairs to Bright's classroom, his heart pounding with anticipation.

As soon as he entered his own classroom, his friends erupted with excitement.

"Where were you yesterday? You know we joined the drama club," Mike exclaimed.

"What? All of you?" Win asked, confused.

Dune, Nolan, and Mike all nodded enthusiastically.

"Why?" Win asked, still puzzled.

"It's the best! We can meet so many girls there," Nolan explained with a grin.

"Well, you might not be interested because you're seeing someone," Mike teased.

Win smiled. "Who said I'm seeing someone?"

"The way you've been acting is suspicious. We've concluded you definitely have someone in your life," Nolan said, a knowing look in his eyes.