Chapter 18: D8 8

Bright and Win had a good sleep that night. Bright woke up next to Win, enjoying the luxury of a weekend when they could sleep in longer than usual. He glanced at the clock, then turned his gaze to Win, who was still peacefully asleep beside him. With a smile, he tightened his embrace around Win and closed his eyes, savoring the moment.

It was late afternoon when they finally stirred awake.

"If we keep sleeping like this, we'll waste our whole weekend," Win remarked, stretching lazily.

Bright nodded in agreement.

"Where are we going on the date?" Win asked, curiosity sparking in his eyes.

"Where do you want to go?" Bright replied, shifting to face him.

"Shall we go hang out at the mall and do some shopping together?" Win suggested.

Bright sat up, reaching for a notebook and a pen from the bedside table. "Tell me everything you want to do with me. We can make a date list," he said.

Win's face lit up with excitement. "Definitely skydiving, a desert safari, going to a concert, riding in a submarine, maybe scuba diving. What about visiting different countries and doing something special in each one?" he rattled off enthusiastically.

Bright chuckled. "All that needs a lot of money," he pointed out.

"Yeah, it would," Win agreed, undeterred.

"You don't have any, and I've just started earning," Bright reminded him gently.

Win smiled at Bright. "You're not using the credit card," Bright said firmly.

"Wait, where is it?" he asked suddenly.

"What?" Win responded, confused.

"Your credit card," Bright repeated.

"It's in my wallet. Why?" Win asked, puzzled.

"Okay, cut it up now and freeze the account. Tell your mom to only send you the money she thinks you need to survive," Bright instructed.

"No way am I doing that," Win replied, shaking his head.

"I thought you were interested in living a challenging life," Bright teased.

"What's the fun in constantly struggling for everything? When I have money, can't I just have some fun?" Win countered.

"You certainly can, but as I said, I'll never like being called a gold digger. So you need to wait for me until I make it," Bright explained, his voice soft yet resolute.

"Also, you are not joining the agency. You are finishing your studies and going to America for your master's to learn business with your mother," Bright declared firmly before Win could protest.

"But I want to be with you," Win replied, his voice tinged with sadness.

"Then leave the credit card and start getting into acting and music lessons," Bright suggested, his tone unwavering.

"Why are you doing this?" Win asked, his eyes reflecting his hurt.

"Why is it so difficult to be with you?" he added, frustration creeping into his voice.

"Well, you need to choose," Bright replied.

"I will always choose you; you know that. But do we really need to live a life full of struggle? Can't we just travel around the world?" Win pleaded.

"We will travel with the money we make," Bright said, cupping Win's face gently.

"If you freeze your account, I'll take a bath with you for the next week," Bright said with a chuckle.