14: Bone Pun Number 69

♪⁠────✿⁠(⁠✧◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕✧⁠)✿⁠────♪

Papyrus.

Bless his soul.

As joyful and wholesome his aura immediately is…

He's tall and he's terrifying.

Just like Sans (perhaps arguably worse), Papyrus is a bone-ified skeleton straight down to the bone.

Oh, God. Nearly two hours with Sans has corrupted you so easily. Your humor usually involves verbally shit-posting, sex jokes, and saying the randomest shit just to see what happens. Wait, that’s technically shit-posting.

ANYWAY.

Papyrus is as tall as the damn door, and unlike Sans, his eyesockets are a solid black with no hit of eyelights. He is lot spookier than the Comic, and it breaks your heart that you feel this way about him because you love this (not so) little man.

You unwillingly tense up, “I…. Hello.”

Sans snorts. That was the exact same opening you gave him.

“GREETINGS, HU—AHEM! I MEAN, GREETINGS INDIVIDUAL OF WHO I DO NOT KNOW THE IMMEDIATE SPECIES OF.”

Okay, how are Sans and Papyrus doing that? You just feel it in your soul that Sans speaks in all lowercase, and while Papyrus is loud, he isn’t yelling. BUT YOU JUST KNOW HE’S SPEAKING IN ALL CAPS????

“WELL, DON’T STAND OUT HERE ALL DAY, WE HAVE AN INTRODUCTION TO DO.”

Papyrus reaches for you and first-you feel a strange tug at your soul. The taller skeleton puts his hands on the sides of your lower waist and you know what he’s about to do. Strangely, you don’t feel much in danger that he’d drop you. But you instinctively go to grab his gloved wrists when his hands are touching you.

It was as if your soul was being literally (not figuratively or metaphorically) lifted up as Papyrus thought it was a great idea to pick you up.

Woah!

[Whether it was because of your bigger body / Even though you were rather small / Despite that you’re sure you’re pretty average for your age], you think he’s using his magic to aid in lifting you up to ensure he doesn’t drop you no matter what. Probably because you knew Papyrus doesn’t do anything with malice, but you don’t panic as he just—takes you inside the house.

Sans, on the other hand, was nervous as fuck. He didn’t expect Papyrus to invade your space like that and fucking pick you up. He was so ready to intervene (either for your sake or his brother’s), but then you grab onto Papyrus’ wrists.

And that’s it.

You stare at his brother with wide eyes, and while you are tense, you’re not panicking or thrashing around. Just like in those fairytales he reads to his younger brother, Papyrus lifts you up easily and brings you inside (careful to make sure not to hit your head on the door frame) with a small, happy twirl. He sets you down on your feet in the middle of their living room, not letting you go until he’s absolutely certain you're on steady feet.

Sans sighs quietly in relief, closing the door behind himself to watch how this all unfolds. So far, so good.

Since you’re still holding onto Papyrus’ wrists, he does a quick maneuver to grab your hands and shake them both very eagerly.

“IT’S NICE TO MEET YOU, HUMAN. ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF,” The happy monster lets you go and poses heroically. Wait—How is his cape drifting in the wind without any wind? Is he using his magic? “I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS, FUTURE MEMBER OF THE ROYAL GUARD, AND UNPARALLELED SPAGHETTORE!”