The Epilogue

It was March 1st when Evelyn and Tom finally returned to Hogwarts. To be honest, she wasn't sure if she wanted to come back but Tom thought it would be best for her to have some sense of normalcy for a bit and she relented on the concession that she would get to be extra clingy.

His lips rose to a small smirk when she'd said that. "Bold of you to assume that I would ever let you leave my side now."

He hoisted her trunk as if it weighed nothing before kissing her head. Evelyn smiled. "It's a good thing I don't ever want to leave."

And then they apparated back.

After the familiar feeling of her stomach being pulled inward ended, Evelyn sighed. The castle was looming ominously above the shore of the Black Lake where they stood. Dark, swirling clouds hovered around it, occasionally wracking the earth with thunderous noise. "Did you do this?" Evelyn asked but she already knew the answer.

Tom just shrugged before tightly gripping her fingers with one hand. The other was reaching for his wand and pointing it at the sky. He muttered a few words under his breath before the clouds disappeared. "Better?"

She kissed his cheek. "Much." The storms surrounding her heart were finally gone. It seemed only right that the physical ones were too.

They made their way up to the castle, where Tom took her trunk to his dorm—which he called their dorm, much to her delight. He gave her a pointed look and mumbled about needing to rechristen the bed later that night. Evelyn already felt her cheeks burn bright red and they hadn't even been there for an hour.

The rest of the day passed by in a blur. First with a meeting with Dumbledore where Tom managed to negotiate both of their passing grades as long as they passed the exams at the end of the year. Evelyn was sure that Tom would need no help passing but she wasn't as confident with her own abilities. "I'll help you, my darling. Do not worry."

And help her he did. He walked her to all of her classes—probably sensing her lingering fear at leaving his side. Tom spoke with all of the professors, using his abilities to persuade even some of the stricter ones, like Professor Snape. Evelyn was eternally grateful for him. She didn't know how she'd ever gone without him. Life with him just seemed infinitely easier.

They ate dinner in the Great Hall, who seemed relieved that the storm was finally gone, as it was affecting the Quidditch schedule far too much for his liking. "How am I supposed to get babes if I'm not out there showing off the merchandise?" he complained while shoving some tomato soup into his mouth eagerly. "You catch honeys by flying. Or something like that. I dunno."

She laughed and leaned against Tom's broad shoulder. Even he was chuckling at his brother's expense, kissing the top of her head while she snuggled deeper into her chest. "Perhaps I shouldn't have quit the Quidditch team," he teased. "Don't want my honey leaving me for a flyer."

Evelyn scoffed. "Consider this 'honey' thoroughly and utterly caught."

He smirked. "Good. Because I wouldn't have let you go even if you wanted it."

"Again," she said with a deliriously happy smile on her face, "It's a good thing I don't ever want to leave."

"And I never want you to."

Later that night, Tom and Evelyn alternated between rounds of slow, lazy love that made their bond glow with pride and rounds of hard fucking that had her screaming while he marked her thoroughly. By morning, Evelyn was sure that she had not only bruises, but Tom's name carved into her lower back. 

The crazy thing? She wasn't even remotely bothered by the idea of it. Actually, the thought of something so permanent tying her to him made her giddy. And horny. It was a good thing he was never tired. She had a feeling she would be spending the rest of their days thoroughly satisfied.