2.

The sound of laughter and the smell of delicious home-cooked food filled the air as Myra arrived at the Gills' house. She took a deep breath, feeling the familiar warmth of her second home envelop her. It had been a while since she spent a relaxing evening with the family, and she was looking forward to it.

"Honey!" Shahneel's voice rang out from the kitchen as Myra stepped inside. Shahneel, Shubman's elder sister, had always called her "Honey," a term of endearment reserved only for her.

"Shahneel Di!" Myra replied with a grin, dropping her bag and hurrying into the kitchen to give her a hug."Kitni acchi khushboo aa rahi hai."                                                                                                  

 Shahneel smiled, her face lighting up. "Tum aa rahi ho, aur mumma tumhara favourite khaana na banaye, aisa ho sakta hai ? Mamma's got the biryani going, and I'm just finishing up the kheer." 

"Baaki sab kahaan hai?" Myra asked, grabbing an apron to help.                                                                    

"Papa table set kar rahe hai, aur shubman , sara ko manane ki koshish kar raha hai, phir se kuch bhul gaya hoga," Shahneel said with a laugh. "Mamma's around here somewhere."

As if on cue, Keart, Myra's massi and Shubman's mom, walked into the kitchen, wiping her hands on a dish towel. "Myraa , you're here! Idhar aa , give me a hug."Myra hugged her tightly, feeling a rush of affection and gratitude. She enveloped Myra in a warm hug, pressing a kiss to her forehead.                                                                                                                                                                           

"I missed you, Massi."                                                                                                                                                  

 "We missed you too, beta," Keart said, holding her at arm's length to look at her. "Kitna kaam karegi, ghar to aaya kar kabhi." 

  "I know, I know, kya krun yeh hospital wale chutti hi nahi dete." Myra said with a smile

 As they worked side by side in the kitchen, Myra and Keart chatted about everything and nothing. Keart shared stories from her childhood, while Myra updated her on the latest gossip from the hospital. Their easy banter and shared laughter filled the kitchen, making the task of cooking seem more like a joy than a chore.

Once dinner was ready, they joined Lakhwinder and Shubman at the dining table, where they eagerly dug into the delicious meal Keart had prepared. As they ate, the conversation flowed freely, ranging from lighthearted anecdotes to more serious topics.

At one point, Lakhwinder reached across the table and ruffled Myra's hair affectionately. "Kitni sukh gayi hai, kuchh khati nahi hai kya?" he said, his voice filled with warmth.                                         

 " Waha massi ka  khana kaha milta hai ? I'm lucky to have you and Massi in my life, warna kya jaane mera kya hota."                                                                                                                                            

Keart smiled tearfully, reaching out to cup Myra's cheek. "Oh, meri hi bacchi hai tu, thik hai? Hak banta hai mera."

After dinner, they all moved to the living room, where they settled in for a cozy movie night. Myra snuggled up on the couch between Keart and Shubman, feeling a sense of peace wash over her.As the movie played on, Myra couldn't help but steal glances at her massi, who was watching the screen with a smile on her face.                                                                                                                        

She caught her eye and winked, her love and affection shining through.

"You're the best, Massi," Myra whispered, leaning in to press a kiss to her cheek.Keart chuckled, wrapping her arm around Myra's shoulder and pulling her close. "And you're my favorite Honey."

"haww, mummy aap to kehti thi mai aapka favourite hu." Shubman said as he pretended to pout.

"Arey, woh to mumma mazaak kar rahi thi. Unki favourite toh mai hi thi, mai hi hu aur mai hi rahungi." said shahneel, as she climbed on the sofa to sit beside her mother shoving Shubman away, much to his dismay.

As the night wore on, they laughed and joked together, enjoying each other's company in the comfort of their home. And as Myra drifted off to sleep later that night, cocooned in the warmth of her family's love, she knew that she was exactly where she belonged.