21.

"तौबा ये लम्हें कटते नहीं क्यूँ
आँखों से मेरी हटते नहीं क्यूँ
डर लगता है मुझसे कहने में जी
दिल तो बच्चा है जी
दिल तो बच्चा है जी
थोड़ा कच्चा है जी
हाँ दिल तो बच्चा है जी"

The next morning arrived all too quickly. Myra woke up to the sound of Abhishek moving around the apartment, packing his things. She stretched and rubbed her eyes, feeling a pang of sadness at the thought of him leaving.

She got out of bed and found him in the living room, folding his clothes and placing them neatly into his suitcase. He looked up as she approached, giving her a small smile.

"Morning," he said softly.

"Morning," she replied, trying to keep her voice steady. "Do you have everything?"

"Yeah, just about done," he said, zipping up his suitcase.

They stood there for a moment, the reality of his departure hanging heavily in the air. Myra took a deep breath, trying to push back the tears that were threatening to spill over.

"Oy," Abhishek said, noticing her expression. He walked over and cupped her face in his hands. "Bhaag nahi raha hu mai. It's not like I'm disappearing forever. We'll see each other soon."

"I know," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "But I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too," he said, pulling her into a tight hug. "More than you know."

They stayed like that for a while, holding on to each other as if trying to memorize the feeling. Finally, Abhishek pulled back slightly and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"I love you," he said, looking into her eyes.

"I love you more," she replied, smiling through her tears.

"Jaa na jhooti," he teased, trying to lighten the mood. He gave her a playful push towards the door. " Go get ready, you have to go the hospital."

Myra laughed, wiping her eyes. "Mujhe nahi jaana." Earning a small glare from Abhishek. "Alright, alright. But you have to promise me something."

"Anything," he said.

"Take care of yourself. And call me when you land," she said, her tone serious.

"I promise," he said, giving her one last kiss.
---

After a long day at the hospital, Myra returned home to an empty apartment. The silence was deafening, a stark contrast to the lively, chaotic energy that filled the space when Abhishek was around. She sighed, dropping her bag on the couch and flopping down beside it.

She glanced around the room, her eyes landing on the spot where they had shared their cozy date just the night before. A small smile tugged at her lips as she remembered how perfect everything had been.

Determined to lift her spirits, Myra decided to set up a little surprise for Abhishek's return. She knew it would be a while before he came back, but the thought of making the apartment feel like home for him was comforting.

She got up and began tidying up, humming to herself as she went. She rearranged the living room, added a few new decorations, and even started planning their next date night. Delusional kahi ki, her voice nagged her. She smiled. It was her way of keeping him close, even when he was miles away.

As the evening wore on, Myra settled into bed with her phone, waiting for Abhishek's call. She knew it would be late by the time he landed, but she didn't mind. She would wait as long as it took just to hear his voice.

When the phone finally rang, she answered it immediately. "Hey," she said, her heart skipping a beat at the sound of his voice.

"Hii," he replied, sounding tired but happy. "Just landed."

"I'm glad you made it safely," she said, a smile spreading across her face.

"Me too. How was your day?" he asked.

"It was long, but okay. I missed you," she admitted.

"I missed you too," he said. "But guess what?"

"What?" she asked, curious.

"I can't wait to come back, mujhe already Teri yaad aa rahi hai." he said, his voice filled with warmth.

Myra laughed, feeling a sense of contentment wash over her. " Chal jhoota. Though, even I can't wait for that either."

They talked for a while longer, sharing the details of their day and making plans for the future. As she listened to his voice, Myra realized that no matter the distance, they would always find a way to make it work. Their love was strong enough to withstand anything, and she knew they would be okay.