25.

"आजकल तेरे मेरे प्यार के चर्चे हर ज़बान पर
सबको मालूम है और सबको खबर हो गई "

The morning sun streamed through the windows as Myra and Abhishek sat at the breakfast table, both feeling a mix of excitement and anxiety. Today was the day they had decided to reveal their relationship to Shubman and Shahneel. Myra looked over at Abhishek, who was nervously tapping his fingers on the table.

"Relax, Abhay. It'll be fine," Myra said, trying to sound reassuring despite her own nerves.

Abhishek snorted. "Oh, sure. Easy for you to say. You're not the one about to face Shubman's protective wrath."

Myra rolled her eyes. "Stop being dramatic. Abhi Jaisa mai bolti hu, waisa tumko karna padega, thik hai?"

Abhishek gave her a skeptical look. "Jaise ab tak toh bohot chal rahi hai meri."

Myra shot him a death stare. "Excuse me?"

"Sorry, sorry, Continue" Abhishek quickly said, raising his hands in mock surrender.

Just then, Shubman and Shahneel walked into the kitchen, chatting and laughing. Myra took a deep breath and glanced at Abhishek, who nodded slightly.

"Guys, we need to talk," Myra began, her voice steady but firm.

Shubman and Shahneel stopped and turned to look at her, curiosity evident on their faces. "Bolo?" Shubman asked, leaning against the counter.

Myra reached for Abhishek's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze before speaking. "Abhishek aur Mai... we're dating."

For a moment, there was silence. Abhishek held his breath, waiting for the inevitable reaction. But instead of the explosion he expected, Shubman simply turned to Shahneel, who sighed and handed over a crisp 500-rupee note.

"Told you so," Shubman said, smirking.

Myra blinked in surprise. "Ayein?"

Shahneel grunted. "We've had a bet on when you'd finally come clean. I said it would take you at least another month. Clearly, I underestimated you."

Abhishek exhaled, a mix of relief and confusion on his face. "Toh, you're not mad?"

Shubman shook his head. "Mad? Nah. We kinda figured it out already. You two aren't exactly subtle."

Myra's eyes widened. "You knew?"

"Well, we suspected," Shahneel clarified. "It was just a matter of time before you admitted it."

Abhishek chuckled, feeling the tension ease. "Guess we didn't fool anyone, huh?"

Shubman shrugged. "It's not like you were trying very hard to hide it. Anyway, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters."

Myra smiled, her heart swelling with relief and joy. "Haye, Mera bhai."

"Just treat her right, Abhay," Shubman said, giving him a stern look.

Abhishek nodded earnestly. "I promise, Shubman. She's as important to me as she is to you."

"Alright then," Shubman said, clapping his hands together. "Now that this is out in the open, how about we get some breakfast?"

As they all settled back into their usual banter, Myra felt a weight lift off her shoulders. She glanced at Abhishek, who gave her a wink and a smile. It seemed like things were finally falling into place.

The rest of the day passed in a blur of laughter, teasing, and shared stories. Myra and Abhishek enjoyed the newfound openness in their relationship, no longer needing to hide their feelings. And as the sun set, they sat together on the porch, watching the sky change colors.

"You know," Abhishek said, his arm around Myra, "I was really worried about today. But it turned out pretty great."

Myra leaned into him, her head resting on his shoulder. "Yeah, it did. I'm glad we did this."

"Me too," Abhishek replied, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

They stayed like that for a while, content in each other's presence. And in that moment, they knew they could face anything as long as they were together.

By the time they were all seated around the dinner table, the news of Myra and Abhishek's relationship had spread through the entire team, Thanks to Shubman, despite them not being physically present. The group chat was buzzing with excitement and playful energy as everyone seemed eager to share their reactions.

Rohit was the first to break the silence in the chat. "Dekho Dekho, who finally decided to come clean. I have to say, I’m not entirely surprised."

Ishan Kishan sent a series of laughing emojis, followed by a message. "Wahi, you two were about as subtle as a brick through a window. But hey, congrats! It’s about time."

Jasprit Bumrah sent a smirking emoji. "So, how long were you planning to keep this a secret, lover boy?"

Abhishek laughed as he read the messages, feeling more at ease with each teasing comment. He typed back, "Honestly, we weren’t planning on hiding it much longer. But I guess we underestimated how obvious we were."

Surya Kumar Yadav added a message, chuckling. "Obvious is an understatement. You two have been giving each other googly eyes for months."

Ritika, Rohit's wife, chimed in with a warm message. "Ignore all these people. Congratulations, you two! We're all so happy for you."

Myra, feeling a mix of embarrassment and joy, replied, "Thank you guys. It’s been a whirlwind, but we’re really happy."

Abhishek added, "Yeah, thanks for all the support, guys. And for the record, it was Myra who wanted to keep it a secret."

Myra shot back, "Jhoota! It is you who is scared of the media frenzy."

Rohit jumped in, "Oh, come on, don’t start bickering now. Save it for when we’re all together."

Sara, who had been quietly observing the conversation, finally spoke up. "Well, I always knew something was going on. You guys just have that vibe. Congrats again! But remember Abhay, Myra pe pehla haq humara jayega."

Shubman, sitting beside Myra, looked at her and laughed. "See? It wasn’t just us who noticed. The whole team had it figured out."

Shahneel, who had been watching the exchange with amusement, said, "So, are we going to get a proper celebration when the season starts?"

Abhishek responded with a playful tone, "Absolutely. We’ll throw a party just to celebrate how sneaky we thought we were."

As the chat continued with more jokes and well-wishes, Myra and Abhishek felt a wave of relief and happiness. The team’s acceptance and playful teasing made everything feel even more special.

After the chat settled down, Myra looked at Abhishek, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Looks like we’ve got a lot of planning to do for this celebration."

Abhishek grinned. "Yeah, and I have a feeling it’s going to be one for the books."

Just then breaking the silence, Myra's phone rang. She saw her phone which was lit up by a phone call from Virat Bhai.