7.

The party winds down to its final moments, the room now quieter but still filled with the laughter and lingering energy of the night. Most of the guests have left, leaving behind a few stragglers, including Ishan, Shubman, Myra, and Abhishek. While Ishan and Shubman are both clearly drunk, Myra takes the cake, stumbling around with a goofy smile plastered on her face.

Abhishek, who stayed sober,  watches with a mixture of amusement and mild concern. He sees Myra swaying over to him, her eyes gleaming with a tipsy glee.

“Abhishek!” she exclaims, drawing out his name with exaggerated enthusiasm. “What’s... seven times eight?”

Abhishek raises an eyebrow, trying to suppress a laugh. “Fifty-six.”

“Wow! You’re so smart!, Sherlock” Myra giggles, clapping her hands as if he just solved a major world problem. “Okay, okay... what’s... twelve times fifteen?”

He chuckles. “One hundred eighty.”

Myra gasps, putting her hands to her cheeks in mock astonishment. “Tum kaala jaadu karte ho kya!”

The randomness of the situation isn’t lost on him, and he finds himself genuinely entertained by her antics. “Why the sudden interest in math, Myra?”

She leans in closer, as if about to share a great secret. “Kyuki... because math is... everything!”

He laughs outright at this, shaking his head. “Yaa toh tumne kuch  zyada hi pi rakhi hai, ya toh tum pehle se hi pagal ho”

" Mai toh pehle se hi pagal hu." Said Myra, flaunting a hair flip.

After a few more rounds of this impromptu math quiz, Abhishek notices Myra starting to falter, her eyelids drooping. He looks around for Shubman, thinking he should probably get his sister to her room.

But Shubman, in his own drunken state, is being coddled by Sara. Shubman, tears in his eyes, is apologizing profusely to Sara for being “a bad boy” and drinking too much.

Abhishek sighs and turns his attention back to Myra. “Hey, Myra, tumhare room ki chaabi Kahan hai? ”

But before she can respond, she slumps against him, her weight heavy in his arms. He looks down at her, the moonlight from the window casting a soft glow on her face. She looks peaceful, even in her drunken stupor, and he feels an unexpected warmth in his chest.

“Damn it,” he mutters to himself, realizing she’s out cold. “Alright, then.”

He carefully shifts her so he can support her better, then starts walking toward his room. “I’ll let you crash in my room, and I’ll find somewhere else to sleep, Khush?” he says softly, though she’s too far gone to hear him.

Reaching his room, he gently lays her down on the bed, taking a moment to brush a strand of hair from her face. She mumbles something incoherent, turning slightly in her sleep.

He stands there for a moment, just looking at her. There’s something about seeing her like this—vulnerable and unguarded—that stirs something inside him. He shakes his head, trying to dismiss the feeling.

“Get a grip, Abhishek,” he tells himself. “She’s just passed out. Bas. Tune toh pi bi nahi hai.”

Still, he can’t help but feel a strange mix of emotions as he watches her for a moment longer. Finally, he turns and heads out, making his way to Kuldeep’s room.

He knocks on the door, and after a few moments, a sleepy Kuldeep answers. “Kya hua, Bhai? Raat ke 11 baje kya kaam hai tujhe?”

“Mujhe neend aa rahi hai” Abhishek asks. “Myra’s passed out in my room, and I don’t want to leave her alone.”

Kuldeep raises an eyebrow but steps aside to let him in. “Chal andar aa. What happened?”

Abhishek sits down on the spare bed, running a hand through his hair. “Long story. Just a lot of drama tonight.”

Kuldeep nods, understanding. “Well, make yourself comfortable. Aur kuch kaam ho to sharma Lena mujhe mat jagaana”

As Abhishek settles in, his thoughts drift back to Myra. Despite all the craziness of the night, there’s something about her that intrigues him. Maybe it’s the way she handles herself, the unexpected vulnerability she showed, or the fire she has inside her.

Whatever it is, he knows one thing for sure: things just got a lot more complicated.