15.

Five days had passed since Myra moved to Mumbai, and she was finally starting to feel at home in her new apartment. The city's frenetic energy was starting to become familiar. That evening, she lounged on her couch, watching a movie, feeling a bit lonely. Suddenly, the doorbell rang, startling her.

"Abb kaun hai yaar?" she muttered as she dragged herself to the door. She opened it to find Abhishek standing there, holding a bouquet of lilies, a backpack and wearing a sheepish grin.

"Hi," he said.

Without a word, Myra shut the door in his face. Shit. How the hell did he get her address?
Oh wait. Shubman.

The bell rang again almost immediately. She opened it, glaring at him.

"Hi," Abhishek repeated, his grin widening.

"Why are you here? I thought you didn't care," she snapped before slamming the door shut once more.

The bell rang again. She opened it, her annoyance now mixed with curiosity as she tried to hide a smile which she didn't know why, was making a way on her face.

"Hi, Mujhe thand lag rahi hai" Abhishek pleaded softly. "Please let me in."

Myra studied him for a moment, then stepped aside. "Sorry bol."

Abhishek sighed as he walked in. "Let me come inside. I swear, pair pad lunga tere meri maa," he joked, half-serious.

She rolled her eyes but couldn't hide her smirk. "Alright, get in. But I'm holding you to that."

Abhishek set the flowers down and, without warning, pulled Myra into a hug. She stiffened at first, then relaxed, resting her head against his chest.

"Sorry." he murmured, his voice full of regret.

Myra pulled back slightly, looking up at him. "What are you doing here, Abhishek?"

"I have a shoot and a few events here," he explained. "I'll be in Mumbai for a week. I was hoping to stay with you if that's okay."

She rolled her eyes again. "So now you need a place to crash? Isliye sorry bol rahe ho."

He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I guess you could put it that way. But mostly, I wanted to see you and make things right. Sacchi."

Myra sighed, her irritation melting away. "Fine, you can stay. But don't think this means I'm not still mad at you."

"Wouldn't dream of it," he said, a playful glint in his eye.

They fell into their usual banter, and Abhishek couldn't help but notice how much more at ease Myra seemed. As the evening wore on, the tension between them eased, replaced by the comfortable familiarity of their friendship.

"How did it take you five damn days to come and say sorry?" Myra asked, smacking his shoulder lightly.

Abhishek winced theatrically. " Dude, I had to cancel a lot of events to come here for a week. Kitni mehnat ki maine tumhare liye."

"Obviously, kaam aise karoge toh mehnat toh karni padegi." she said with a satisfied nod, then smacked him again. "That's for making me worry. Agli baar aise mera mood bigad hai na, toh sidha chata khayega."

Abhishek laughed, pulling her into another hug. "Thik hai bhai maar lena."

She mumbled against his chest, "I hate you, you know that? And stop hugging me please I don't like hugs."

"No," he teased, earning another playful smack.

They spent the evening catching up, falling back into their usual, playful dynamic. Abhishek knew he was falling for her, but he wasn't ready to admit it. Not yet.

As they settled into their routine, Abhishek found himself more captivated by Myra with each passing moment. Despite the chaos of their relationship, there was something undeniably special about her. And though she might not have realized it yet, he was determined to make her see just how much she meant to him.

*****
Patch up ho gaya, guys 👍🏻

hazelineackerman Hope you'll not kill yourself, now :)