29.

"मन मस्त-मगन, मन मस्त-मगन
बस तेरा नाम दोहराए
मन मस्त-मगन, मन मस्त-मगन
बस तेरा नाम दोहराए
हो, चाहे भी तो भूल ना पाए"

2 years later:

Myra stretched lazily as the morning sunlight filtered through the curtains. She blinked, slowly coming awake, and then sat up with a start when she saw Abhishek lounging casually on her couch, scrolling through his phone.

"Abhay! What the...How did you get in here?" she exclaimed, her voice still groggy with sleep. "I locked the door last night."

He looked up with a smirk. "I have a key, remember? Tune hi toh di thi."

She rolled her eyes, throwing off the covers and getting out of bed. "You need to stop doing that. You nearly gave me a heart attack."

Abhishek chuckled, standing up and walking over to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close. "Good morning to you too."

She leaned into his embrace, savoring the warmth of his touch. "Good morning. So, what brings you here so early?"

"I have a surprise for you," he said, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

Myra raised an eyebrow. "Uh huh? And what might that be?"

"We're going to Italy," he announced, grinning widely. "Surprise trip. Do din me flight hai."

Her eyes widened in shock and delight. "Italy? Are you serious? But hospital? "

"Dead serious," he replied, leaning down to kiss her forehead. "About the hospital, I have contacts ok ? I thought we could use a little vacation."

She squealed in excitement, hugging him tightly. "You're the best! I can't wait!"

The rest of the day was a whirlwind of excitement and preparation. They went shopping for new clothes and travel essentials. Myra felt a giddy sense of anticipation, the thought of Italy and spending uninterrupted time with Abhishek filling her with joy.

As they wandered through the bustling streets, they passed by a quaint jewelry shop. Myra paused, staring at the glittering display of rings and necklaces. A thought flickered in her mind, something she'd been mulling over for months.

Abhishek noticed her hesitation and came up beside her. "Kuch pasand aaya?"

She smiled, her heart pounding with a mix of nerves and excitement. "Nahi, bas kuch soch rahi thi."

He gave her a curious look but didn't press further. Instead, he took her hand and led her to another store, chattering excitedly about their upcoming trip.

As they shopped, Myra's mind kept drifting back to the jewelry shop. She had been thinking about proposing to Abhishek for a while now, and this trip to Italy felt like the perfect occasion. She loved him more than anything, and she knew she was ready to take the next step.

That evening, back at her apartment, Myra started making plans. She wanted the proposal to be special, something they'd both remember forever. She decided she'd buy a ring the next day while Abhishek was busy with his own preparations.

The next morning, after Abhishek left for a meeting, Myra headed back to the jewelry shop. She spent a long time selecting the perfect ring, finally settling on a simple yet elegant band that she knew he'd love.

With the ring safely tucked away, Myra returned home, her heart racing with excitement and nerves. She spent the rest of the day making final preparations for their trip, her mind buzzing with anticipation.

That night, as they sat on the couch, Abhishek wrapped his arms around her, his touch soothing and familiar. Myra snuggled closer, feeling a sense of contentment wash over her.

"I can't wait for our trip," he murmured, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Me neither," she replied, her heart swelling with love. "It's going to be perfect."

Little did Abhishek know, Myra had something very special planned for their Italian adventure. And as she drifted off to sleep in his arms, she felt a sense of certainty. She was ready to take this next step, to start a new chapter in their lives together. And she couldn't wait to see his reaction when she asked him to be hers forever.