8.

I wake up with a throbbing headache, the aftermath of last night's party. As I open my eyes, I realize I'm not in my room. The unfamiliar surroundings are disorienting until I notice Abhishek sitting in front of the bed, staring at me with an unreadable expression.

"Morning," he says, his tone flat.

I sit up quickly, my heart racing. "What the hell am I doing here?"

"You passed out," he replies, not moving. "Figured it was better for you to sleep it off here."

Memories of last night come rushing back—the party, Shreya’s failed attempt to humiliate me, and the ensuing chaos. I groan inwardly, feeling a mix of embarrassment and frustration.

"Thanks," I mumble, rubbing my temples. "But you didn't have to stay."

Abhishek shrugs. "Didn't want you wandering off in your condition. Koi dar war jata toh."

His nonchalant attitude grates on my nerves. "Well, I’m fine now. You can go."

He doesn’t budge. "You sure? Because last night was pretty intense."

I glare at him, annoyed. "I said I’m fine."

He finally stands, but there's a hint of concern in his eyes. "Alright, if you say so. But if you need anything, just... let someone know, okay? Aur please aise kisi aur ke upar gir mat jana. You're pretty messy when you're drunk."

I nod, more to get him to leave than anything else. Once he’s gone, I take a deep breath, trying to steady myself. Today is match day, and I need to get it together.

---

The day of the match dawns bright and clear. The energy at the stadium is electric, with fans pouring in to support their teams. I make my way to the stands where the WAGs are seated, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness. It's always like this on match days—an emotional rollercoaster.

I find Ritika, Devisha, Sanjana, Anushka, and Abhishek's elder sister, Komal, with her daughter, Amayra, already seated. They wave at me, and I hurry over to join them.

"Hey, Myra! Ready for another nail-biter?" Ritika asks with a grin.

"You know it," I reply, taking the seat next to her. "I’ve got my fingers crossed."

Ritika laughs. "Me too. Rohit always jokes that it's our lucky charm."

Komal, who is holding Amayra in her lap, smiles warmly at me. "It’s good to see you, Myra. Are you excited?"

"Definitely," I respond. "How's Amayra?"

"She's all set to cheer for her uncle," Komal says, laughing.

The match begins with India batting first. Rohit Sharma and Shubman open the innings. As they walk out to the middle, the crowd erupts in cheers.

"Good luck, boys!" Anushka whispers enthusiastically.

Ritika and I exchange a look, both of us crossing our fingers as Rohit and Shubman take their positions. The first few overs are steady, with both batsmen playing cautiously.

"Chal mere, bhai! Show them what you’ve got," I mutter under my breath.

The first boundary of the day comes from Rohit's bat, and the stands explode in cheers. Devisha and I exchange high-fives. The next over, Shubman hits a beautiful cover drive for four, and I can't help but cheer loudly.

The runs start coming more freely, and both openers look in fine form. Rohit reaches his half-century with a powerful six, and the stands go wild.

"That's my husband!" Ritika says proudly.