9.

The morning air in New Zealand was crisp and fresh, but the atmosphere within the hotel was tense.
Myra's mood was particularly low, a stark contrast to her usual vibrant self. Today marked her parents' anniversary—a bittersweet reminder of loss and love.
Only Shubman, Shahneel, and Sara knew the significance of the day.
Myra and Abhishek were in the team lounge, as the team was prepping for the day's practice session. Myra was already on edge, her mind a whirlpool of emotions.
Abhishek, oblivious to the underlying cause of her mood, inadvertently triggered an argument over something trivial.

“Hey, can you pass me the strategy notes?” Abhishek asked, not looking up from his phone.
Myra, lost in her thoughts, didn't hear him.
“Myra?” he called again, a bit louder.

“What?” she snapped, finally looking up.

“The notes. Can you pass them?”

“Get them yourself,” she retorted, her tone sharper than intended.

Abhishek frowned, taken aback. “What’s your problem today?”

Myra’s eyes flashed with annoyance as she got up and headed towards her room.

Shubman, Sara, and Shahneel watched the exchange, their concern deepening.
After Myra stormed off, Sara approached Abhishek with a determined expression.

“Abhay, can I talk to you for a second?”

“Ab tumhe kya hai?” he replied, still frustrated from the argument.

Sara’s eyes narrowed. “Listen, I don’t know tumhare aur Myra ke beech mai kya chalta rehta hai, but I’m telling you right now, today is not the day to mess with her.”

Abhishek raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

Sara took a deep breath, her expression softening. “Today is her parents' anniversary. They’re both gone, and this day is really hard for her. Shubman, Shahneel, and I are the only ones who know, and she’s already on edge. Agar tune use kuch kiya toh mujhse bura koi nahi hoga.”

Abhishek’s annoyance melted away, replaced by a pang of guilt. “Shit. I just thought she was in a bad mood.”

Sara nodded. “I know. That’s why I’m telling you. She’s been through a lot, and today is a rough reminder of what she’s lost. Just… go easy on her, okay?”

Abhishek sighed, running a hand through his hair. “I get it. Thanks for telling me. I’ll try to make it right.”
Sara gave him a small smile. “I know you will. Just be patient with her.”

__________________________________

Myra sat alone at the outdoor table, her thoughts heavy and her heart aching. The day had been rough, starting with the argument with Abhishek and worsened by the weight of her parents' anniversary. She stared at the untouched plate of food in front of her, unable to muster the appetite to eat.

Abhishek, noticing her solitude and feeling a twinge of guilt, approached her cautiously. He took a deep breath before speaking, hoping to mend the damage from their earlier confrontation. “Hi.”

Myra looked up, her eyes reflecting a mix of surprise and weariness. “Hi,” she replied softly, as she sighed deeply recalling the argument in the morning .

They sat in silence for a few moments, the distant chatter from inside the restaurant a mere background noise. Abhishek finally broke the silence. “Look, Myra, I’m really sorry about today. I didn’t mean to make things worse for you.”

Myra sighed, a heavy breath escaping her lips. “It’s okay. I’m not really in the mood to fight today. Honestly it wasn't even your fault.”

Abhishek nodded, relieved. “ Do you want to talk about it?”