18- Right and Wrong

--- inside Yuji's head ---

I'm still wondering why I have to be executed.

Yuji says.

It's your fault!

Sukuna says.

I don't want to regret the way I lived!

Yuji says.

But what are you going to do when someone you saved kills someone else in the future?

Megumi asks.

When you die, you should be surrounded by people.

Yuji's Grandfather says.

It's been decided that you'll be secretly executed.

Satoru says.

I've already decided how I am going to die.

Yuji says.

That would mean people cursed me and my mom with those hearts!

Junpei says.

What is a proper death?

Junpei asks.

The value of life would become ambiguous...

Yuji says.

I wouldn't even understand the importance of those I care about anymore.

Yuji says.

--- in real life ---

"Are you okay, Yuji?" Kuina asks as Yuji suddenly stops walking.

"Nothing. Let's go" Yuji says as he squeezes Kuina's hand, the two of them walking down the stairs.

Kuina knows something's wrong so she shuts her eyes and reads Yuji's mind.

"Yuji, please. Stop thinking those things" Kuina says worriedly.

"It's all that's in my head, Kuina" Yuji says as he lets go of her hand.

"What can I do to help you? Please, Yuji. You're the only one I have left" Kuina says as she looks down.

"I'm so sorry for everything" Yuji says as he hugs Kuina close, "you've just lost both your brothers and I'm here complaining about my own".

"You're not Sukuna, Yuji" Kuina says as she looks up at Yuji, "you're not him. None of what has happened here today is your fault".

The two of them look down the stairs as they sense a strange presence, one all too familiar.

"We should go" Kuina says as she holds Yuji's hand.

"Yeah" Yuji says as the two of them start to make their way down the stairs.

--- inside Nanami's mind ---

Nanami stands on the beach in Malaysia, just where the waves crash on the shore, his trouser legs rolled up to his ankles, a couple buttons of his shirt undone, his hair down naturally as he takes a deep breath. He walks along the shoreline, turning around sometimes as he basks in the sunlight and soft breeze.

--- in reality ---

Nanami still imagines himself in Malaysia as multiple transfigured humans gather around him.

Malaysia... yeah... Malaysia... Kuantan would be nice. I'll build a home on a secluded beach. I already have a mountain of books that I've bought and never touched. I'll read through them page by page, like I'm taking back all the time I've lost. No. Right now, I'm going to save Fushiguro-kun... and Maki-san? What about Naobito-san? What happened to those two? I'm tired. Exhausted even. Yeah, I'm exhausted. I've already done enough.