20- Shibuya Incident- Gate, Close

"Do you remember the way to rid cursed spirits from our world?" Yuki asks as she looks at Geto, "regardless of which method is pursued, it means advancing humanity to the next stage. Humanity's next stage is freeing itself from cursed energy".

"No. It's optimising cursed energy" Geto says calmly.

"Uh, I don't get it, either" Yuji says from behind Yuki.

"I thought you already gave up on your plan those years ago, when Toji Zenin died" Geto says as he glances downwards, Kuina getting off his back as she moves back over to Yuki and Yuji's side.

"I was talking to Geto-kun, you know" Yuki says, annoyed that whatever's taking over Geto is in the way, "well, whatever. I went back to my original idea. Besides, there's a big hole in your optimisation plan. Extremely few sorcerers and cursed spirits emerge in other countries compared to Japan. So Tengen's barriers should be indispensable to your optimisation plan. Using Tengen to optimise cursed energy would mean only the humans of this nation would become sorcerers. Japan would practically have a monopoly on cursed energy. Other nations, especially that superpower, wouldn't stand by and allow that. Flesh and blood humans would become an energy source. It's easy enough to imagine what misfortune that would bring. That's a world far removed from the ideals I pursue".

"So what?" Geto says with a slight chuckle, "for one thing, our objectives are different. I don't desire a world without cursed spirits or any sort of idyllic peace. Non-sorcerers, sorcerers, and cursed spirits... those are all possibilities for the shape of cursed energy that is mankind. Though that shouldn't be anywhere near the full extent. I tried to give rise to other possibilities for mankind on my own. But that didn't work out. Everything that I created myself was limited by the bounds of my own potential. The answer was always glimmering darkly within chaos" he says as he puts his arms out, cursed energy forming around them, "do you understand? What I should have created was chaos that went beyond my own control. I've already finished extracting the technique".

"There was a cursed spirit called Mahito, right?!" Yuki says as she looks at Kuina and Yuji, "the one with the technique that let it interfere with souls!".

"Geto-san absorbed him earlier" Kuina says, remembering what she saw on her way over.

"Seriously?!" Yuki asks shocked.

"Idle Transfiguration" Geto says as he puts his hand on the ground.

"Xavier!" Kuina yells as Xavier appears in front of Yuki as he kneels down, putting his hand on the ground as he tries to stop Geto's attack from spreading.

Geto twists his hand as the ground turns neon purple, the energy travelling through him as he is thrown backwards into the ice.

"Xavier!" Kuina shouts as she goes to him.

"I'm sorry, Kuina. I'm out of energy" Xavier says as he looks at Kuina.

"It's okay, Xavier" Kuina says as she puts her hand on his chest, Xavier disappearing.

Everyone looks up as the purple energy forms in the sky above them.

"Tengen's barrier? No, this is..." Yuki says as she tries to understand what's going on.

"It's remote activation of a cursed technique" Kuina says as she kneels down next to Yuji.

"You have my thanks, Yuji Itadori" Geto says as he and Yuji look at one another, "a cursed spirit's mastery of their technique ceases to progress from the moment they're absorbed by Cursed Spirit Manipulation. Mahito truly matured through his fight with you. To be honest, I want to have Jogo, as well, but no matter".

"What did you do?" Kuina asks as she grips onto Yuji's arm.

"I remotely activated Idle Transfiguration on two types of non-sorcerers that I marked ahead of time" Geto says as Kuina starts to slowly put the pieces together.