19- Metamorphosis

hey everyone. now you might be wondering why there's a big skip in chapters. I've been going through the episodes of the anime, trying to write what I can for the fight scenes between Nobara and Mahito and then the fights scenes between yuji and Mahito but nothing feels right to me. so I've made the decision to cut it out. i'm sorry if you were waiting for this but my brain won't let me come up with anything i'm happy with. i'll be starting off where yuji defeats Mahito and geto comes to help him, oh, sorry, Kenny. and before you ask, yes... kuina is coming.

"Kusakabe! Hey, Kusakabe!" Panda says as he walks amongst the destruction, his gorilla form taking front, only for him to look down and see Kusakabe's arm sticking out from underneath a piece of rubble.

He makes his way down as he lifts the rubble off of Kusakabe, "found you!".

"Panda" Kusakabe says as he sits up, "this is awfully different from what I heard".

"Huh?" Panda says as he puts the rubble down on the ground.

"About Itadori" Kusakabe says as he rubs his neck.

"Nah, that was Sukuna" Panda says as he shakes his head.

"Itadori holds control over that body" Kusakabe says with a sigh, "that's the current story, right? I'll tell you this now. Now matter what judgement gets doled out to Itadori later now that Satoru Gojo is gone, I won't be taking your side. I'm in favour of Yuji Itadori's execution".

"Are you for my execution too, Kusakabe-san?" Kuina asks from somewhere around them.

"Kuina?!" Panda says as he looks around, unable to spot her.

"If you try and get Yuji killed, I'll be sure to spill your guts first" Kuina says as the two of them hear a gush of wind.

--- where Choso is ---

Choso replays the memories of Yuji and his brothers in his head as he sits in a little crevice in the wall, his knees tucked to his chest as he does his best to steady his breathing.

"I have to go" Choso says as tears spill from his eyes, "Yuji Itadori... what are you? I have to know. What am I?".

--- where Yuji, Geto and Mahito are ---

"Shall I save you, Mahito?" Geto asks as he stands behind Mahito, looking down at him.

Did Mahito just say Geto?!

Yuji asks annoyed.

"Give him back!" Yuji shouts as he runs towards Geto, "give us back Gojo-sensei!".

"People believed catfish were connected to earthquakes and told stories of such a monster up until the mid-Edo era" Geto says as he holds his arm up, a black ball of energy forming in her hand, "they believed that when this "Onamazu" moved underground, it caused earthquakes to occur" he says as a hole forms under Yuji, Yuji falling down as he suddenly appears in the air, the ground closing up again as he lands on the ground, Yuji becoming confused and disorientated.

"What just happened?" Yuji asks as he lies on the ground.

"You thought you fell in, didn't you?" Geto says as he looks at Yuji, "though, from the outside, it looked like you fell back all on your own. The greatest strength of Cursed Spirit Manipulation is its quantity of options. I can utilise multiple cursed spirits semi-first grade or higher, and even if you analyse and overcome their techniques, I can just send out new cursed spirits again. Of course, I can also simply pile on attacks without giving you time for that" he says as he sends out the same attack again, except this time, Yuji avoids it, going to punch Geto but he sends out a cursed spirit, Yuji punching that instead.