SPECIAL CHAPTER

Phayu stood in front of the mirror, his hands slightly trembling as he adjusted his suit for the hundredth time. His reflection showed a face that was uncharacteristically pale, betraying his nerves. Lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice Pai approaching.

"Why's your face so pale? Are you nervous for your big day?" Pai's voice broke through his reverie.

Phayu turned to see Pai fixing his suit, a reassuring smile on his face. The words "big day" echoed in Phayu's mind, and a mix of emotions washed over him—excitement, love, and a touch of anxiety. Yes, it was his big day " His wedding day". The day he would finally marry his mate, his love, Rain. They would soon transition from fiancés to husbands, a moment he had dreamed of for years. It felt surreal.

He remembered the day he proposed to Rain four years ago. He had been so eager to marry him immediately, even planning to tie the knot the very next day. But their plans took an unexpected turn when they discovered Rain was pregnant. The wedding had to be postponed, and Phayu understood. Rain’s pregnancy and their impending parenthood became the priority.

Ray, their little bundle of joy, had been a constant source of happiness and occasional worry. Rain had been hesitant to leave Ray’s side even for a moment, a consequence of the traumatic experience they went through during Rain's pregnancy.

Phayu remembered the time when Ray got sick for the first time. It was a cold winter night, and Ray, who was usually full of energy, was unusually quiet and lethargic. His little face was flushed with fever, and his tiny body was burning hot.

Rain was beside himself with worry, constantly checking Ray's temperature and trying to soothe him. "P'Phayu, our little baby is burning up. What do we do?" Rain's voice was shaky with fear and of constant crying.

"We need to bring his fever down as uncle kit instructed us. I'll get some cold water and a cloth to cool him down," Phayu replied, trying to stay calm.

They spent the whole night caring for Ray. Rain was continuously crying, feeling helpless. "It's my fault, Phii. I should have noticed earlier. I should have been more careful," Rain sobbed.

Phayu hugged Rain, trying to comfort him. "It's not your fault, love. Babies get sick sometimes. We're doing everything we can."

Morning came, and they finally managed to get Ray's fever down. Exhausted, they both fell asleep. A few hours later, Ray started crying again. Phayu woke up first and decided to take Ray out of the room to let Rain sleep, knowing how tired he was.

Phayu cradled Ray in the garden to get some fresh air, trying to calm him down. He didn't realize how much time had passed until he heard a frantic voice calling out. "Phayu! Ray! Where are you?"

It was Rain. He was running through the house, his face pale with fear.

When rain woke up he find both his alpha and their pup missing. Panic set in almost immediately. Memories of a past trauma, when Rain had feared for their safety, resurfaced with full force. Rain ran through the house in a state of sheer panic, searching for Phayu and Ray. The entire family witnessed Rain’s distress and tried to calm him, but nothing worked. Despite being out of breath and struggling, Rain didn't stop until he found Phayu cradling Ray in the garden.

When Rain finally found them in the garden, he collapsed to his knees, tears streaming down his face. "P'Phayu... Ray... I thought something happened to you," Rain cried, clutching Ray tightly to his chest as he took him into his arms from phayu.

Phayu was shocked to see Rain in such a state. He hadn't realized how deeply the past trauma had affected him. He gently pulled Rain into his arms, holding both him and Ray. "I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't mean to scare you. We're here, we're safe."