44 The most perfect picture

Kate POV

I couldn't help but smile as I filmed my two men. Destin was about to eat his first spoonful of ice cream. And I mean what better way to start than with Italian gelato.

Our little man sat on Roman's knee and looked at the spoon expectantly. Clearly he couldn't wait. His eyes were really big. Ro fed him the tasty treat. It seemed as if Destin considered for a moment whether he liked it or not. But then he reached for the spoon to lick off the last bit. His dad had to work hard to take it back from him.

"Was that good, peanut?" Ro asked as he wiped his face with the napkin.

"Oh our little one knows what's good... God... it really is so breathtakingly beautiful here. I still can't believe we're really here. Somehow it's so much better than I imagined." I replied as I put the phone down and moved my chair a little closer to the two of them.

"I'm glad you like it. After all, that was the point. But I hope you'll like it at least as much in Sicily," my husband said and then gave me a kiss.

"To be honest, I might like it so much that you may have trouble getting me back home. I swear I could stay here forever." I mused as I let my gaze wander over the people, the architecture and the simply amazing ambience.

Something about this place, or probably this whole country, was just magical. It was so different from what I knew at home. I felt welcome here. Everything radiated a certain coziness. And I was sure that it would give me lots of new ideas for my videos.

"I know what you mean, baby girl. But I promise you that if you come back home with me, I'll bring you back here at least once a year. After all, there are plenty of other areas you haven't seen yet. We definitely need to go to Venice. And then there's Tuscany and many others", he replied as he put his free arm around me.

Roman pulled me close and gave me a kiss on the temple. But our baby quickly demanded our attention, as he was already sticking both hands in the bowl of ice cream.

*****

So the next day we were off to Sicily. Of course, the flight didn't take nearly as long as the one from Florida to Rome, but I was still glad that Destin seemed to like it this time too. Part of me was still waiting for him to find flying less exciting one day. But so far he loved it. He found it particularly exciting to look out of the window and watch the clouds. His second favorite thing was napping with his little face against Roman's neck.

Apparently, Destin was already a true adventurer. Maybe he would become a pilot one day or a globetrotter. Who knows. For now, it was all a far way away. Even though time seemed to be passing faster and faster. It wasn't long before we would be celebrating his first birthday.

"Dada!" Destin squealed excitedly as Roman lifted him out of the car and he immediately spotted horses in the paddock by the side of the house.

My heart leapt every time I heard that from his mouth. Even though I could hardly wait to hear my name from my boy. Somehow it was a betrayal that he said Dada first, but it was the cutest kind of betrayal. I had to admit that.

Roman loved it just as much, if not more. He had actually been convinced that 'Mama' would be Destin's first word. Because he truly believed our little man was a mommy's boy.

"I know, buddy. Is there a little horsie? We can visit them later." Ro replied and gave Destin a kiss on the hair.

Just then, an older man came out of the house to greet us. His skin was tanned and his hair was gray. He made a super friendly impression. However, I found it difficult to understand him because of his heavy accent.

"Ah, welcome, welcome! La famiglia Reigns! Come on in. I'll show you around." he said, his eyes wide open.

"Thanks, we'll be right there." replied Roman.

"Oh Ro! Look at this! It's so perfect!" I whispered as my eyes wandered over the authentic Italian country house.

Every single detail was so gorgeous. The plants framed everything like the most perfect picture.

"Do you like it?" my husband wanted to know.

"You did a great job choosing this place. I don't think there could be a more beautiful place to spend our honeymoon. Thank you." I replied on the verge of tears.

The old man gave us a tour of the whole house and the surrounding area while the driver brought the luggage into the house. It was safe to say that I couldn't get my jaw back up. Part of me really thought I was dreaming. We even had our own pool and outdoor area with a gym. A jacuzzi, a sauna. There was even an outdoor kitchen on the patio.

A short time later, the man was gone and we enjoyed our time alone as a family. But it wasn't long before our little Destin was pretty tired. So I put him to bed. Hopefully he would sleep well here too. But I wasn't too worried about that.

"Hello, Mrs. Reigns." I heard Roman's voice say.

My eyes wandered through the outdoor area until I spotted him. He was already sitting in the jacuzzi. His eyes sparkled with mischief.

"Well hello to you too Mr. Reigns. Are you having a good time?" I asked as I approached him.

"Almost... There's just one little thing missing." he replied as I sat down on the edge.

"Oh? And that would be?" I wanted to know.

"You!" he said and pulled me towards him in the jacuzzi.

I squealed, startled but at the same time delighted. Somehow I should have seen this coming. And maybe a part of me had, because luckily I had left my phone inside.

"Oh now look at that... The dress is all see-through." he chuckled.

"Yeah such a shame.... I bet that was the plan, wasn't it?" I laughed.

"I don't know what you mean, baby." he smirked before helping me get rid of the soaking wet dress.