TWENTY TWO - HEALING

They had to stay in the hotel for more days than was planned. Theo wasn't getting better. Two or three days back he started to have pain in the chest and trouble with breathing.

She checked her little bag several times but they didn't have any potions that could help him. They were more equipped for battles with dark wizards than for battles with muggle viruses. She in despair tried several muggle pills but they also didn't help. It seemed that without a prescription from the doctor they weren't allowed to sell her any stronger ones. She also didn't know any healing spells that could help them.

But she also couldn't take him to any doctor, not to muggle one and definitely not to St. Mungos. It was too risky and it would put both of them in danger. But if she didn't do anything Theo could die. They were also running out of money really really quickly. The room itself cost them almost all they had and the food, herbs and medicine weren't exactly cheap either.

"Teddy bear, I don't know what to do," Alora whispered quietly one night, with eyes full of tears. "We don't have enough money to stay here anymore and we can't go camping again. You are too weak for that."

"What a lovely Christmas ahead of us," Theo laughed weakly with his eyes still closed.

"It's Christmas already?" She sobbed, surprised. All she did for the last few weeks was take care of Theo. She didn't even realize that it was already winter. It didn't snow once this year where they were staying, it was just unbearably cold outside.

"Blaise and Draco are probably on their way home right now. I spent the last Christmas with Blaise," Theo said dreamily, but his story was discontinued with another strong cough attack.

Alora suddenly got a really risky idea, but it was their only chance right now. "What would you say if you spend another Christmas with Zabini?"

"Hmm?"

"Just tell me what his room looks like. I will apparate us there. He probably has some potions that could help you. Or he could get it for us. I know it's risky but they've probably already looked for us there. We have to risk it. I am not losing you to some stupid illness."

"I think I have some photos from last year. It should work better than my pore narrator skills," Theo waved his hands towards the coat ruck lazily. Alora knew that he had to feel really terrible, he would argue with her otherwise.

Alora quickly searched Theo's pockets. He really had few moving pictures there. One with Blaise, one with Draco and one with all of them together. She turned around with an amused smirk. "Do you need any more reasons why I am calling you a teddy bear? You are just a big softie," she waved those pictures in front of his face with a Cheshire smile.

"Don't start," he pretended to be annoyed at her but she could see right through him.

Alora decided not to torture him with any more remarks and instead quickly packed their stuff. After they checked out at the reception she took his hand and pulled out the one photo where he was with Blaise. It had to be in his room, she could clearly see some Quidditch decoration in the background and of course a lots of Slytherin colours. She tried to vision the room in her head as vividly as she could and with a soft POP sound they disappeared in the air.

"Shit!"

"This is how you are welcoming your best friends?" Alora asked the very surprised and very frightened Blaise. He was looking at them with mouth wide open and one of his palms on his chest. But Alora's happy tone dropped quite quickly. The apparition apparently drained all the remaining energy from Theo and he fell to the floor almost unconscious, pulling Alora down with him.