TWENTY FIVE - PRISONER

When Draco apparated in front of the manor he could still smell her perfume and feel her lips on his. He swallowed the urge to run back, wrapped his arms around her and never let go. But all those thoughts disappeared when the front door flew open and his father pulled him into the house without a single word.

"Did you have fun with your friend, dear?" Narcisa's smile seemed fake. She was worried for some reason. More than usual.

Draco didn't even have a chance to respond before Lucius grabbed him by his collar again and dragged him towards the stairs which lead to the basement. Draco was well aware of the prisoner. Ollivander was a permanent resident of their basement for several months now. But Draco couldn't shake the feeling that he wasn't the reason why he was dragged there against his will right now.

"Luna?" Draco exhaled quietly when he saw the waterfall of dirty blond hair.

She looked at him with dreamy eyes and soft smile, like she wasn't kidnapped and imprisoned during the last hour.

"Oh, hello, Draco." Luna's voice was breathless and airy. She had a big bruise under her eye but she looked like she didn't care at all. Her colourful clothes looked out of place as she stood in the dark and damp room. She reminded him of Alora to some extent. They both enjoyed wearing colours and had the same aura of innocence. She was smiling at Draco, looking like she was actually happy to see him.

"What is she doing here?" Draco looked at his father, trying to hide all the emotions that were threatening to burst out of him any moment.

"Her father is constantly writing nonsense in his pathetic magazine. I think he will think twice before he releases another article from now on."

Draco didn't know what to do now. He was never friends with anyone besides his own house, in fact he barely knew Luna. She was quiet, weird and quirky. But he also knew that she was friends with Potter and his crew. And that made her a huge target. Especially when she was there at the end of his fifth year when his father was arrested.

"And why am I here?"

"You will be in charge of her interrogation. She has to know something about Potter and his plans," Lucius said plainly.

"Tomorrow," Draco nodded curtly and turned around, ready to leave.

"It won't wai-" Lucius started with a stern voice but his son quickly cut him off.

"I said, tomorrow," Draco growled through clenched teeth with a hint of threat, giving him annoyed side eyes.

His father looked shocked, completely lost with words. Draco always listened, always obeyed. He never had enough courage in him to defend himself until now. And Lucius didn't know how to deal with the sudden hint of resistance from the heir of the family.

Draco turned his back to his father and left with a satisfied smirk. It felt good to voice his own opinion. It felt really good.

When he came to his room he quickly grabbed a quill and paper to write a short note to Blaise to let them know he was not coming back to his house.

Hello Bee,

Thank you for the Christmas present. It was nice to catch up since we don't have too much time to do so in school.

See you in Hogwarts.

D-

It was way past midnight when Draco left his room and headed back to the basement. He wasn't surprised when he saw Luna wide awake. There were no guards in sight. It wasn't necessary. There were a lot of spells put on the basement to make sure no one could get out. Lot of the Death Eaters here also treasure every hour of sleep they could get.

Without a single word he pushed a relatively big package through the grid. Luna took it with the same dreamy smile and carefully put it on the floor. It was a rolled up blanket with a big piece of cheesy bread and two basic healing potions inside. She watched it thoroughly for a moment before she broke off a small piece of the bread and put it in her mouth.

"Hide it. I will try to get something better," Draco said after a few more moments of silence and flicked his wand to pull one stone brick out of the furthest wall, creating the perfect hiding spot for the blanket.

Luna didn't seem surprised at all to see him there, helping them. She almost looked like she was expecting it. "Thank you, I will give one of the potions to Mr. Ollivander. He really needs it." Her voice was light as air, her smile never leaving her face.

"I will have to do some kind of interrogation tomorrow."

"That's okay. I don't know anything anyway."

Draco was more and more surprised how calm she was considering the circumstances she was in. "I will probably perform Legilimency on you so don't try to resist. It will be much less uncomfortable that way."

"Do what you have to do. I know you wouldn't hurt me."

"W-? How?"

"She told me I can trust you."

Draco blinked. "She?"

"The dream girl."

Draco suddenly had thousands of questions but now wasn't the right time. He already spent too much time here. "Try to get some sleep," he mumbled instead of saying goodbye and headed back to his room.

When he was finally lying in his bed his head was whirling with thoughts. There were so many things that happened in the last twenty four hours. His Patronus was rubbish again, then he met Alora and Theo again, he stood up to his father, finally, and also everything with Luna. He just couldn't understand her, she was just so...so confusing. Even in school he didn't know what she was talking about half of the time, speaking about non existing beasts and crazy theories. But maybe, just maybe, she wasn't that crazy after all.

After another hour or so he finally fell into a long and deep slumber. Another dreamless night. But only after he finally woke up again did he realize it wasn't because of the potion. The small bottle was still standing on his bedside table, full of the purple liquid.

The interrogation the next day went relatively smoothly. Thanks to the fact that Luna left her mind completely open, it took him no time at all to find out that she, in fact, didn't know absolutely anything about Potter and his plans or whereabouts. She didn't see him or hear from him for almost half a year. But seeing everything that has happened in Hogwarts so far this year from her point of view made Draco almost sick. It took all of his willpower to hide his disgust.

Others didn't believe him at first, only after Bellatrix checked if he was lying or not they finally left him and Luna be. His aunt thankfully still had her good reputation unlike other members of the Malfoy family.

Most of the time everyone almost forgot they had any prisoners at all, everyone but Draco. That also meant that they were also forgetting to bring them food. He was trying to visit Luna as much as he could, bringing her even more food and water. Unfortunately he had to go back to Hogwarts and he had to leave her here. Draco couldn't help them escape, it would be more than obvious and they would only end up dead.

So after the New Year all he could do was just pack his trunk and leave the house, hoping he won't find just two lifeless bodies the next time he would go back home.