TWENTY NINE - CELLAR

Alora's feet touched the ground and her knees almost gave up if it weren't for the iron grasp around her arms. She immediately looked around her, trying to find Theo but he was nowhere to be seen. She was alone with his father in some big dark room. Even though there were two luxurious chandeliers and a massive stone fireplace there was still not enough light to illuminate and warm up the space. It felt sinister, gloomy and cold. The room had to be either a meeting room or dining room because there also was a long dark table with several chairs, luckily all of them were empty.

"Nott! I don't think I agreed that you can bring prisoners in my house as you please. My dungeon is already quite packed."

Alora flinched at the cold and angry voice that beamed behind her. The arms around her made her body turn around and she felt as her heart dropped when she noticed the man in front of them. She knew those eyes. She would recognize them in millions others even though these ones were looking at her with undisguised aversion. Her assumption was confirmed as soon as Nott spoke again.

"I don't think you are in position to dictate anything right now, Malfoy. You should be glad I decided to take them here. Your son wasn't exactly willing to help me with this case even though my offer was more than generous."

"What offer?" Draco's father asked with a raised brow, obviously intrigued.

"I strongly believe that this one here, my dear friend, is the one and only 'Dream Girl' Dark Lord is looking for."

Lucius's eyes glimmered in excitement. "What makes you believe it's her? She looks...ordinary."

"Let's call it intuition. And that's why I need you. We have to verify it first before we call him. But if it's really her we'll jump right back up on top. Everything will be the same as it used to be before Azkaban."

"And the other one?"

"Ah, nobody important, really. Just a disappointment that was once called my son. He could be useful, these two looked rather close. I think Missy here could really use some motivation to obey and try her hardest."

"I see. Take her downstairs. I think Bella would know what to do with her to make her speak."

"I knew I can still count on you, Lucius," Nott smirked coldly, digging his nails into Alora's arms to make her follow.

Alora was terrified and worried sick. She didn't completely digest the fact that she was in Draco's home, since all she cared about right now was Theo. His lungs still weren't completely healthy and the fire had to take a toll on him. Even she was still feeling the aftermath.

As she was dragged down the stairs she was trying to calm herself. Theo's father said they needed him to help convince Alora to defect to Dark Lord's side of the war and if they needed him that surely meant they would let him live. They were probably thinking that they are together but that didn't matter anyway. Theo was her friend and that was more than enough for her to want him to be safe and unharmed. It also meant that they didn't know about her and Draco. What was only a small win.

"Go in!"

Alora was pulled out of her thoughts as she heard lock rattling and the squeak of a metal gate. Soon after she was forced into some basement cell. The push was strong enough to make her stumble and fall. The floor was hard and uneven and she scratched both of her palms and knees.

"You will be here until we decide what to do with you. It would be best for you to listen." Theo's father chuckled darkly, locked up the gate and disappeared.

Alora quickly jumped up on her feet, looking around. To her surprise, she wasn't alone. She immediately recognized two of her classmates from Hogwarts Dean and Luna, even though she never spoke to them. At least not in person. There was also a goblin, who she believed was previously working for Gringotts and Mr. Olivander. Dean was crouching next to Mr. Olivander, who looked really weak and shaky. The Goblin was in the corner furthest away from them, probably wanting to have nothing to do with either of them. She was just taking a deep breath to ask what this is all about when a quiet groan made her head snap from the unusual group in front of her.

"Theo!" She quickly ran towards him and dropped to her knees, worsening the abrasions she received just a moment ago but she didn't car even slightest about her own injuries. Theo was covered in blood to such an extent she didn't know where it was coming from. His face already started bruising up and his breath was shallow. "Hey, hey! Look at me, please. Teddy Bear, please...say something," She carefully took his head into her hands, caressing his cheeks softly while trying to avoid all those cuts and bruises. But he didn't answer, his face was tense and it was obvious that he was in a lot of pain.

Her eyes immediately flooded with tears again. She didn't understand, he was just fine not even an hour ago, eating cookies and making fun of her. His father said he wanted to use him against her, why did they leave him like this. Hurt and bleeding.

"Here," a soft dreamy voice sounded from somewhere behind her.

Alora looked back with teary eyes and saw Luna, she was offering her a small bottle full of what seemed like a healing potion. She took it without hesitation, put Theo's head carefully in her lap and slowly poured the liquid into his mouth. Alora watched with relief how his face and body relaxed a little as the potion did its thing, healing some of his injuries and easing the pain.

"He was fighting them. It took three people to bring him down here. I would give him the potion sooner knowing he is your friend. We weren't sure if it wasn't some kind of trap. It was our last one," Luna said quietly with a hint of shame.

"Where did you get it?" Alora asked when she found her voice again, not looking at her.

Luna crouched down in front of her with a dreamy smile and started cleaning Theo's face gently with one of her sleeves. "From your boyfriend, of course."

"M-my boyfriend? You mean Theo?" Alora choked out.

Luna just shook her head. "Don't worry. I'm the only one who knows," she whispered. "He goes down here every time he comes back from school, bringing more food, water and medicine. Oh I hope he will show up soon, Easter holidays are approaching, right?"

Alora's heart almost stopped. She already knew this was Malfoy manor but it didn't occur to her that he would ever go down here. She knew that Draco changed but there were still a little bit of doubts in her. That he was acting like that only in front of her or that he would slip back to his old self when she wasn't around him anymore. But this proved that he was serious about this, that he really switched parties.

Before she had time to answer, Theo started groaning again. Alora quickly focused her attention back to her injured friend.

"Theo? How are you?"

"Al?" He breathed out quietly.

"Yeah, I am here. I am okay. We are okay," she tried to reassure him. Theo grunted, trying to sit up. "Careful. You supposedly took a few punches because of me, you idiot!"

"Shut up. Draco would do much worse to me if I didn't try to defend you," he chuckled silently but instantly winced in pain.

"Don't make me regret befriending you! Two near death experiences are more than enough, okay! You are not allowed to play with death again. We are done otherwise."

"Oh you are just a babbler, you love me."

"You probably shouldn't say stuff like this in my boyfriend's cellar."

Luna giggled and Theo looked at her like he only now noticed they weren't alone. "Who is she and why is Malfoy's basement full of people?"

"Don't mind him, Luna. You know how Slytherins are, only ever speaking with fellow snakes and no one else. And this one especially was a big loner," Alora gave him a gentle slap on his head. "But he has a point. Why are you here?"

So Luna explained. How she was kidnapped a few months ago because of her father and his public support of Harry Potter. How Dean and Griphook were captured by Snatchers and were the only two who survived from their group. And that Olivander was here for more than a half of a year. Alora was shocked. Even though they always listened to the radio for news from the war it was different to hear it from someone who experienced it from the front row. All of it suddenly seemed much more real.

People were dying.

They were in war.

And Alora was suddenly part of it all. Locked in Malfoy cellar, waiting for the worst. Waiting for the Dark Lord to force her hurting people instead of helping them. Even though she really didn't know how.

She was now living her own nightmare.