TWENTY THREE - CHRISTMAS PLANNING

Alora woke up to someone whispering enthusiastically. At first she didn't realize what was happening or where she was, enjoying the warm blanket and soft pillow. She let her eyes close, savouring the nice feeling. But then she remembered and quickly sat up, meeting two pairs of amused eyes.

"Finally. I thought we would have to start looking for some prince to wake you, Sleeping beauty," Theo chuckled. Blaise just gave him a confused look.

"I would never guess you are muggle fairy-tale enthusiast, Teddy bear," Alora smiled happily, thrilled that he looked healthy again.

"Teddy bear? What's with those cute nicknames?" Blaise asked, amused.

"Don't you think it suits him?" Alora rolled out of the bed and went closer to the boys, patting Theo's cheeks affectionately.

"So you are like best friends now? You think you could just dance into our lives and steal people's best friends like that?" Blaise tried to sound offended but his mouth corners were twitching.

"Exactly," she grinned at him.

"Maybe you should give him one too, so he's not so jealous," Theo laughed.

"Oh I have one. Bumble-bee," Alora looked at him with pride on her face.

"Bumble-bee? Why?

"Because it looks scary but is actually harmless if you do not provoke it. And it starts with B. By the way, what were you two so fiercely debating about when I was sleeping?"

"Just Christmas planning," Theo smiled mysteriously.

"Yeah, I was thinking you could stay here for a few days. Theo still needs to take things easy and you also could use some time of the refugee lifestyle. It's highly unlikely that someone will look for you here. They already did, several times. At the beginning of the school year, they gave up quickly after a third or forth unsuccessful visit."

"And what about your mother?" Alora was still a little bit sceptical.

"She literally never goes into my room. It should be fine as long as you stay within these four walls. If she doesn't know about you she should be safe. Please, it will be your Christmas present for me," Blaise blinked at her several times adorably, looking like a puppy.

"Okay," Alora reluctantly agreed, didn't really want to put Blaise and his mother in more danger than they already were. But she knew that Theo really needed a few more days to recover fully. Her train of thought was interrupted with her growling stomach. "What is for breakfast?"

Theo and Blaise started laughing like she just said the best joke ever. "It's almost lunch time, Sunshine. You were dozing for more than twelve hours. It's probably my fault. I bet you were barely sleeping the whole time I was sick. I am sorry."

"It wasn't your fault you got ill. And I am sure you would done the same for me. But now the food please," she grinned again.

"As you wish, m'lady," Blaise bow theatrically and promptly walk away to get them something to eat.

While waiting for the house-elf to finish preparing the food he quickly grabbed a quill and paper and scribbled a quick note to his blond friend.

Greetings Dragon,

I was thinking if you would like to visit me during Christmas break.
We shouldn't break our tradition of gift-giving. I think I came up with the best one yet. You will never be able to top that.

I hope you won't be too busy and stop by.

Stay safe,

B-

Blaise sealed the envelope and whistled. Just a moment later a tiny owl flew into the room and sat on his shoulder. The bird let him tie the letter to its leg, waiting patiently.

"Draco Malfoy," Blaise whispered softly and scratched the creature's head gently. The owl hooted in understanding and flew out of the window. Blaise smiled to himself cheekily, hoping that the other Slytherin would show up soon.

"Should Tobsy take the tray to the master's room?" The elf looked at him with her big wide eyes.

"That's okay, Tobsy. I take care of it. Thank you," Blaise took the tray full of warm and deliciously smelling food and strode out of the kitchen.

Draco was surprised when he saw the tiny familiar owl sitting on his desk. He recognized it instantly. This little bird delivered dozens of letters to him during the last few years. He rubbed his eyes tiredly. He just came back from his usual Patronus practice. He wasn't doing any progress at all and it really frustrated him. At least he had a few free days ahead of him. The Dark Lord seemed to be distracted lately and was ignoring him. It was like a Christmas miracle for him.

Draco slowly opened the envelope and pulled out the letter. It was short and really really confusing. Blaise and him never exchanged a single gift. They didn't really find it necessary since both of them come up from wealthy families and could have literally anything they asked for. At first he didn't even want to go. They saw each other just a few days ago in Hogwarts. Draco couldn't think of a single reason why Blaise would want to see him.

But curiosity was slowly eating him alive and not only an hour after he received the letter he found himself going down the stairs to tell his mother he was leaving. She didn't find it suspicious, of course, he and Blaise were friends for a long time.

He silently apparated to the front porch of the Zabini manor and rang the doorbell. He was actually kind of excited to see his friend again. Being at his house that was constantly full of Death Eaters and other dark wizards wasn't exactly pleasant. He missed his other friends and Alora, of course, but Blaise was all he had left. Draco was glad he decided to come after all. Away from the Death Eaters in the Hogwarts and those in his own house they could probably finally talk freely again.

"Good evening, young sir Malfoy." The door opened and he saw a small bald head peeking through the opening.

"Hello, Tobsy. Can I come in?" Draco asked politely. He knew that Blaise's mother didn't like it when someone mistreated her house-elf.

"Of course, young sir. The master is already waiting for you in his room," the elf opened the door more so Draco could come in.

He instantly headed up the stairs. Draco was here several times already so he didn't have any problems finding his friend's room.

"Zabini?" Draco knocked gently at the door, not wanting to disturbed him.

"Malfoy! Are you excited to see your Christmas gift?" Blaise walked enthusiastically from his room, closing the door behind him.

"You were serious? I thought you were just joking. I don't have anything for you," the blond said nervously.

"Don't worry about it. Just call your first child after me," Blaise was grinning at him like crazy. It made Draco just more nervous for some reason.

Blaise opened the door and pushed Draco in. He tripped at the threshold and almost fell, turning at his friend angrily.

"Bumble-bee? Who was that?"

The sweet voice he knew all too well made him snap his head back to look into the room. He was fighting the urge to slap himself to check if he wasn't just dreaming. But the dull pain of his kicked thumb made him realize he wasn't dreaming, that it was real. She was standing there, in Blaise's bedroom. Her hair was as wild and curly as he remembered but a few inches longer. Her chocolate eyes were still as warm and sparkly as when they first met. And when she noticed him the two perfect dimples immediately appeared on her cheeks as she smiled at him.

She was alive, unharmed and most importantly...she was here.