Filler Chapter - 5

Clarissa's POV

"What. The. Hell. Are. You. Doing?"

That's when I realized it's not just two eyeballs suspended in the air, it belongs to a person - a man. By the time I recognized it's a person, I forgot he asked a question and simply stared at him in silence.

His gaze turned colder. "I asked, what are you doing?"

"Oh!" Yes, he asked something like that.

A gust of wind hit me, making me shiver. "It's cold, so I was getting down," I slurred, my voice uneven.

He sighed heavily, then slipped one hand under my knees and other behind my back, lifting me effortlessly.

"Woah!" I laughed, feeling like I was flying for a second there.

"Again!" I demanded, but the man didn't comply. He sat me on the table, removed his blazer, draped it around my shoulders. After that, he grabbed a couple of tissues and wiped my mouth and hands before lifting his eyes to mine.

"I leave you for half an hour, and this is how you end up? Why did you drink when I clearly told you to abstain from it?"

I was lost in my own world, but when his gaze lingered for too long, I asked, giggling, "You talking to me, pretty boy?"

He sighed again, sounding frustrated this time before making peace with himself. "No, that's something tomorrow's sober Kesdaya has to answer."

"Kesdaya, good name!" I remarked, holding both of my thumbs up with a silly smile.

His expressions eased slightly, but not enough to simmer his anger completely. He lifted me again and said, "Let's get you home, Kesdaya."

I giggled again, looping my arms around his neck as he carried me somewhere. When we left the balcony, a stream of bright lights hit my eyes, and I shielded my face in his chest.

Noticing this, he held me closer, and I think some people came to talk to him, but he kept walking before finally setting me down on a couch in a dimly lit room.

As I made myself comfortable, he asked, "Where are your shoes? You'll get cold."

I didn't reply and just snuggled into the comfort of the warm couch, closing my eyes as sleep took over me.

I don't know when he left or where he went, but after some time, still feeling cold, I looked around and noticed the curtains. Smiling to myself, I got up and wobbled toward them with half open eyes and fully drunk, before collapsing.

"Careful," I heard a man's gentle voice, his breath fanning my ear and I felt a hand wrap around my waist to steady my balance.

I turned my head to the side, my eyes hazy with sleep and alcohol.

I smiled. "Thank you," and pushed his hand away from my body but he kept a tight hold. This time I glared at him, but he still didn't get the memo.

"Mister, you shouldn't be rude and hug any random woman you meet. Do you think you'll get away just because you have a face of my liking?" My voice tinted with irritation.

He didn't reply. Instead, he picked me up like a baby. The sudden motion made me feel sick, and I had the urge to vomit. Just as quickly as he had picked me up, he put me down. My butt touched something soft, and it took me a few seconds to register that it was a couch.

I moved my eyes upwards to meet the man's gaze, but he had vanished. As I scanned the room to find him, I felt something brush against my ankles, eliciting a shriek to emerge from my throat.

Startled, I looked down only to see that same man on his knees putting sneakers on my bare feet. While he was tying the laces and adjusting them, I wondered where my heels had gone. I think I came in red heels or was it silver?