9|Mending things

Ngokuthula Mbatha||Noku
Homolemo's house||Sunday|| Mother's day||9:45PM

After being spoiled rotten by Snethemba and the whole Williams family including Naledi Mokoena,the day she dreads the most comes to reality.

She doesn't celebrate mother's day after feeling like an outsider from her family when as was 15 years old,she pretends to not be aware of mother's day but sliently reposts the one photo that wishes all the mothers well for the day and she feels that everyday,moms should be made to feel special.

She is seated by the pool and drinks her wine while Brandon and Homolemo are enjoying Sunday dinner with their mother.

Homolemo is one year older than Brandon and for him to be born, Lindsay cheated with Mr Williams' stepbrother,Mr Majola and Mr Williams divorced Lindsay after finding out the truth and Mr Majola took the opportunity to marry her.

"Happy mother's day,Ausi Ngokuthula."Gomolemo says and Ngokuthula scoffs. Gomolemo joins her as he also put his legs in the pillow."I thought you'll be chilling with dad,uncle and grandma."

"Naw,not my type to ruin mother and sons moment. Anyways,I don't celebrate Mother's day."

"You are already a mother to me and my future siblings."Gomolemo says and she laughs.

"Two years later, hopefully that won't be possible."Ngokuthula says and Gomolemo lifts his hands in surrender.

"Yeah sure."

"I have a question."

"You may ask."

"So you broke up with your girlfriend?"

"Actually, I am the one who asked for answers from her."

"So you are the bad influence?"Ngokuthula asks and Gomolemo laughs.

"Koti?"They both turn and see Brandon by the door."A minute please?"Ngokuthula gets up and takes her phone and cup.

"Please bring my shoes when you come in?"Ngokuthula asks Gomolemo who nods his head.

"Okay."

Ngokuthula walks to the kitchen and puts the cup down. She walks to the fridge and takes the Four Cousins wine she brought.

She is not a wine person but a good wine never hurt anyone. She pours it into her cup and Brandon sees her.

"So this is what you are doing now?"

"You brother can't stop stressing me out."

"Please put the cup down. Since when are you a drinker?"

"Baba Majola,not now,not today,not ever-please."She says and she takes her cup and walks to the dining room.

"Yes,that way."Brandon says behind her and she walks into the room to see Lindsay and Homolemo talking.

"Thank you."She says as Brandon opens the chair for her and she sits down.

She drinks her wine and sighs."Amo,how are you today? Honestly,how are you?"

"It's not easy, Lindsay. I'm trying maybe,it's not my best but I'm trying and I'm glad that Gomolemo is listening to me and working with me."Ngokuthula says while fiddling with her nails under the table.

Lindsay sighs."And Homolemo?"

"Abuse is general just triggers me,I know everyone is not perfect but to punch a 13 year old child and you are a whole 32/33 year old man?"

"But have you tried to talk to him?Find out the story from him."Brandon says,causing Ngokuthula to look down and a tear slides down her cheek.

She quickly rubs it away, feeling like they are ganging up on her."Now you are ganging up on me?"