Part One Epilogue

Sebastian's Perspective

I just sat there, on my knees, in the courtyard. My eyes glued to the spot she just disapparated out of my life from.

My heart was pounding so hard, I thought it would break through my chest, land on the ground and spontaneously catch fire right in front my eyes.

It was no use to me now, anyway. What good is a heart if she's not with me?

I could barely feel Anne's grasp around my shoulders, trying to hold me together.

Silent tears flowing down my face, the Slytherin necklace Ominis had once gifted her, the chain now broken, dangling in my hand and softly clanking on the stone walkway.

Because I'm guilty. She had said. The three words that would doom us to this life of heartbreaking loneliness. I would never see her again. Azkaban!

They were taking her to Azkaban!!!

I couldn't even process what that meant. This sweet, generous, slyly witty, gorgeous, formidable, wildly passionate, intelligent woman was going to... Azkaban.

No. It wouldn't break her. She's too strong. I wouldn't let it destroy her... there had to be something I could do. Some way to help! It couldn't be true that she was guilty. It just couldn't be...

Take the necklace to Omi. Take it! TAKE IT! She had left me a clue. She told me what to do... I needed answers.

I got up so fast from the ground I knocked Anne over. I didn't even stop to help my twin up; I just ran for the castle.

I entered the common room in a rush and went straight to the windows where I knew he usually sat. He was there.

"Ominis." I didn't even recognize my own voice coming out of my mouth. It was so hoarse from screaming and crying.

"Sebastian? Anne? What's going on?" Anne must have been on my heels the whole time. I didn't even notice.

I thrust the necklace forward into his hand.

The broken clasp and tear stains must have told him something I didn't know.

"The Undercroft. Now." He stated.

And with no other explanation, we all went straight to the Undercroft. I don't think I left that room for days.

--

--

Here are some songs I listened to while writing Part One of Out of the Shadows. Music inspires me as well as other people's stories and my own imagination. I hope you enjoy!

--

So, who's ready for part two?

Fair warning that part two is MUCH heavier emotionally than part one and the chapters are generally longer, too. It deals with scenes of torture, sexual themes, violence, trauma, blood... all the heavy stuff. And every chapter is pretty heavy so if you wish to not continue, I will understand. I will try my best to forewarn at the beginning of each chapter what is coming. Thank you all for reading! KISSES