Surprise!

(Immediately following Chapter Eighty)

Anne's Perspective

The fresh cream butter slid across the toast with a slow scratching noise. I was lost in thought, making breakfast. I couldn't stop picturing how sexy Omi looked last night as he held me close... his glassy blue stare always looked as if he could see right through me even though he was blind. His long, strong fingers deftly moving over my body, sending tingles all throughout my skin. His silky lips leaving hot trails on my body, creating gooseflesh.

I could feel myself flushing. I shook my head in an attempt to dispel my thoughts. I rarely let my physical wants take me over like that. But it was getting increasingly difficult to resist his charms. He was always so sweet. So gentle. And so respectful. He understood, even after all this time, that I wasn't ready to take our relationship forward physically.

We had done... other things. But I was scared. Omi was the only man I'd ever been with. The only one I'd ever kissed. The only one I'd ever dated. He was the only one.

And now we were practically living together. And still, he patiently waited. He had a flat in London near the Ministry for his job. But he was rarely there. And, actually, I'd never been. He always just seemed to end up here with me. Our evenings spent by the fire reading or cuddling and inevitably it would reach too late an hour for him to leave like a gentleman. So, he would stay. And hold me as we slept. I adored those times. I felt so comforted.

As I spent most of my teen years cursed and near death, I hadn't had the chance to be romantically involved with anyone else. And once I was cured, I spent all that time catching up on my studies. If it hadn't been for Rachel, we'd never have even gotten together.

I frowned. Rachel. Where was she now? Would I ever get to see her again? I sighed. I missed my friend. Practically a sister to me. I hoped she was ok.

"Good morning, love." Omi appeared coming down the stairs, his lighted wand blinking in front of him, to show him the way.

"Good morning. Breakfast?" I smiled as I greeted him back.

"Sure. Smells good."

"Oh. It's just toast and eggs. Tea?"

"Yes, please. Dash of cream."

I set everything down at the table and took my place next to him as we started to dish out the food and eat.

"Mmm. Thank you." He said through a half-full mouth.

"Hungry this morning?" I chuckled.

"Yes. You seem to create all kinds of hunger within me." He smirked slightly. I blushed.

"I could say the same to you." My reply was soft.

"Really? Sometimes, I can't tell." His brow furrowed slightly and he sighed. "Anne. Can I ask you something?"

"Um, sure, Omi. You can talk to me about anything."

He smiled. "I know. I'm glad for that. I just... I'm wondering." He took a big breath, holding it in and then burst out quickly. "Does my blindness affect our relationship? What I mean is, do you feel like you can't fully be with me because I'm blind?" His cheeks flushed at such a serious question.

My heart ached listening to his voice tremble. "Oh, Omi, no! Of COURSE not! Honestly, you're so good at maneuvering the world, sometimes I even forget that you're blind. You're so intuitive. You know everything. And your wand sense has really increased. Your blindness is not a hinderance. It's just a part of you. Part of what makes you so special. And I love you. Just the way you are."