Family reunion? 😐

Hailey's POV: it has been a week or two since the bullshit with my aunt Heather.   What she said wasn't okay on so many levels.  But I am trying to not dwell on it too much for the sake of our baby. 

A.J and I have been formally invited to my family's annual family reunion.   I used to hate those when I was a kid.  Mostly because my mom would put me in some stupid itchy dress that wasn't flattering on me at all.    She did it because it's what grams did to her.  "Appearance is everything" she'd always say.  

A.J and I reluctantly agreed to go only because we knew my dad, mom, sister and her husband and my little niece Emma would be there.    I always look forward to seeing my little niece.    I am her godmother after all!

I also decided to not wear something uncomfortable just for the sake of appearances.  I'm 6½ months pregnant for Christ sake.    If I dress up it will be done in comfortable clothing.  

Three hours later...

A.J has just returned home work and God he looks exhausted.   I get up to hug him, his eyes immediately light up when we make contact with each other.   He snakes his arm around my waist and kisses my forehead.  Then he grabs the bowl of pasta I made him earlier.   He eats and then sits next to me on the couch. 

"My father called... Says the reunion bullshit thing starts at 12 sharp." I said.

A.J smiled and nodded.  He then rested a hand on my bump as he usually did.   We cuddled for a little bit after that.  

A few hours later...

I woke up in A.J's arms.   We must've fallen asleep or something.   It was 2am.   Ah screw it, we gotta get up soon anyway.   I then fell back asleep with such ease that it was weird to me.

The next morning...

I was awoken to A.J stirring in his sleep.  I gently shook him trying to get him to wake up. 

"A.J, sweetface, wake up please.  We gotta get ready for the reunion thing." I cooed. 

He finally woke up.  He gave such a nasty look when I woke him.   It was cute.  I cupped his cheeks and kissed his face.

"I'm sorry sweetface but we gotta get up." I said.

I then waddled my way to our bathroom and got into the shower.   But it wasn't long after I got into the shower that I heard A.J enter the bathroom.  He tapped on the glass door of the shower and gave me his puppy dog eyes.

I ushered him into the shower quickly.  He grimaced at how hot the water was.

"Fuckin Christ on a cracker hails, how the fuck can you stand directly under there when it's spewing fuckin lava.  You're cooking our kid.  Jesus Christ." A.J said. 

This caused me to chuckle. It wasn't that hot.  Not in my opinion at least.  But I cranked the knob so the temperature went down a bit just to put him at ease.

We held each other under the water and had an intimate moment before finally washing ourselves and getting out. 

After the shower I headed for our walk-in closet and found an outfit that would be comfortable but also stylish.

The outfit: