a little spat

Hailey's POV: I am now officially 8 months pregnant starting today.   I can't believe I made it this far or that our little girl will be here sooner than we realize.

A.J has been acting weird lately. And that's putting it lightly.  I don't know why he's been this way but he's been distant, and he barely touches me anymore.  I don't know what to do.

I seriously hope that this is nothing and I'm just in my own head and overthinking it.  I pray that's what it is.  Please God let that be just it.  That I'm crazy and any moment he'll come home and tell me that we're okay.  Please let him come home and hold me like he used to do.  

Just as I was finishing my little monologue inside my head, the front door opened and in walked A.J looking exhausted. 

I waddled over to him as best I could and tried to wrap my arms around him and embrace him but he pushed me away and walked into the kitchen and grabbed the dinner I made earlier.

After he ate he went upstairs and started preparing for bed.  He was asleep by the time I got upstairs.  What the fuck did I do that caused him to get like this?

I just decided to drop that and get ready for bed.   I hated this.   We're never like this to each other.  What is his issue?   I need to figure it out. 

I got my pajamas on and fell asleep.  I made sure not to face him as I fell asleep hoping he'd notice but unfortunately he didn't even notice.   So I gave up and went to sleep.

The next morning...

A.J was up before I even opened my eyes. I didn't even feel him get out of bed.  But I decided to not lay in bed anymore.  I got up and got ready for today.

I decided to go to my parents house.  Maybe they'll know what to do or why the fuck he's acting like this.

I drove to my parents house and to my shock Jakobia and Damian are here too.  That's odd, I thought they usually both have work on a Tuesday morning.  Guess I was wrong. 

I walk into the house and immediately I find my dad in the kitchen making his usual breakfast he used to make me and Jakobia when we were both younger. 

I sit at the kitchen table and my dad finally notices me and joins me after he's done cooking.  He even makes me a plate of food.   Even though I said I wasn't hungry at all.

"Hailey, eat please. You're carrying my granddaughter in there.  You both need nutrients." J.D said sternly

I nodded and began eating.

"So what brings you here? Usually it's you and pretty boy together.  Y'all are a known duo.   Where is he?" J.D asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and kept shoveling food into my mouth so I didn't have to speak.  

My dad frowned and ate some of his food.

"I honestly don't know.   He says he's at work" I said with a twinge of doubt in my tone of voice.

My dad looked at me confused.

"Why are you saying it as if you're accusing him of something?   What's going on??   Let me find out he hurt you somehow and I'll fucking kill him." J.D said with anger in his tone.

I started to cry and then said "I don't know what's going on with him lately dad,  he comes home every night and doesn't even fucking look at me or touch me.  He scarfs down the food I make and then he goes straight to sleep.  He wakes before I open my eyes every morning not even acknowledging me.  He doesn't even talk to me anymore or anything anymore.  He's barely even touched me or even fucking kissed me in weeks. Not even a fuckin hand shake from him.  Literally NOTHING. That isn't normal for us." I said with uncontrollable tears streaming down my face.