Unexpected Love

Fluff <3

Highschool AU

"Hyunjin, you have to take your academics and school work seriously."

"But I am taking it seriously! It's not easy being the captain of the basketball team and still expected to be really good at my schoolwork."

"Well, the other members of the basketball team are doing fine. I'm just saying, I'm gonna be pairing you up with another student. He's a straight A student and I think he would really be able to help you improve your grad-"

"I don't need a stupid ass kid to help me with my studies! I'm perfectly fine!! My grades are fine!!"

"Hwang Hyunjin! Mind your tongue!"

Mrs Hwa just sighed, she took off her glasses and started massaging her temple. This kid, Hwang Hyunjin, he's so damn persistent, why can't he just listen? He's just going to have another student teach him about a few stuff about his academics, or in other words, tutor him. Why does he need to throw a fit about it.

Mrs Hwa sighed, "Well, you need one more fail to be kicked out of the basketball team, so I think you need to be considering this." Mrs Hwa gave Hyunjin a piece of paper, got up, and left, quietly muttering, "Be a principle, they said. It would be fun, they said."

Hyunjin just stood there, horrified. 'I cant be kicked out of the basketball team, not when we have a big game next month What would the other kids think of me? That would be a disgrace.' Hyunjin thought as he shoved the paper carelessly in his bag, making his way to the cafeteria to share the oh so depressing news to his best friends.

Its not like all hope was lost, but Hyunjin, being the drama king he is, was ready to call it quits. He'd rather fight a bear rather than being tutored by another student, let alone a junior!

Hyunjin saw his best friends, Minho and Changbin, in their usual table. Hyunjin then plopped down next to Minho, who was eating a ham sandwhich, and said, "They're kicking me out for failing." Hyunjin took out his lunchbox and started stabbing his mashed potatoes.

Changbin and Minho were shooketh. "What?! Kicked out? But we're having a really big game next month! How are you even kicked out?" Minho yapped. Changbin nodded. "It's your own fault for being kicked out! How many times should I tell you to study for the test? If you can't get A's or B's, even with C's and D's you still can survive in the team." Changbin scolded his bestfriend.

"And guess what? Mrs Hwa is gonna make this junior tutor me. She said that if I fail one more time, I'll be kicked out."

Minho and Changbin blinked.

"I thought you said you were ALREADY kicked out?"

"Oh.... No, not yet... I mean, I will if I fail 1 more time." Hyunjin grinned sheepishly, which led to Minho slapping Hyunjin's head and Changbin pinching Hyunjin's arms.

"Ow ow ow! Can you guys not?! It hurts, bitch!" Hyunjin said, rubbing his (almost) bruised arms, the back of his head throbbing a bit from the slap Minho gave him. "Bitch, I thought you were already kicked out and left us with Minho as the captain." Now it was Changbin's turn for a slap. "HEY! What's wrong if I'm the captain, bet we'll still win against Hybe School." Minho said as he aggresively chewed on his sandwhich.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Who's gonna tutor you though, Hyunjin?" Changbin said, steering the convo to somewhere else. "I don't know, Mrs Hwa gave me a paper with the kid's name probably. It's in my bag somewhere..." Hyunjin picked up his bag from the nasty crumy school floor and started looking for the paper. "Ah, here it is!" He said holding a crumpled piece of paper. Minho shifted to Hyunjin as he wanted to look at the paper too, leaving a clueless Changbin in front of them.