Chapter 33

Katniss POV

"Katniss," The voice of my Primmy wakes me up, followed by knocking.

"Katniss, open up or I'll burst this door down," She says sternly. Woah. Sometimes I forget that she's almost 15.

After a slight moment of silence, she seems to perk up, screaming, "I have cheesebuns! Well..Peeta made cheesebuns!!" She laughs.

I groan, getting up to open the door.

"Fine, little duck," I say as the door creaks open, "Just for that."

She smiles warmly and wraps her arms around me.

"Hey, Prim!? Is she out!?" Calls up Peeta from downstairs.

"Yeah!" She calls back, dragging me downstairs.

Peeta turns around, smiling at me.

I chuckle, walking over to him.

"Oh, Peeta. You're covered in flour," I smile, wrapping my arms around his waist.

He chuckles. "You love it."

"Yeah."

Peeta cups my face in his hands, kissing me gently. Putting my hands on top of his, I kiss him back passionately. He licks my lower lip and I open my mouth, moaning loudly as his tongue explores my open mouth.

I place my hands on Peeta's chest, pushing him back into the counter. Peeta tangles his fingers in my hair, playing with the brown strands like usual.

Then, remembering that Prim is in the room next door and can probably hear us, I pull away, smiling.

Peeta pouts, pecking my lips before going to the other side of the kitchen to get the cheese buns.