Chapter 14

Katniss POV

"Shh, don't wake them up",I heard someone say. I think it was Annie. "Aww they're so cute",Annie said. Peeta started to stir. "Finnick you woke them up",Annie whisper-yelled. "No I didn't" "Yes you did" "Urgh. Fine. Lets go get Finn up, okay?" "Okay"

Once they left I sat up and kissed Peeta's forehead gently. We must have taken a nap on the couch when I got home this morning. Hmm. Peeta woke up and gave me a quick peck on the lips. "Are they awake yet?",he asked. I nodded my head. "I gonna make breakfast for them. You know, surprise them. Hopefully they won't find out" Peeta gives me another quick kiss and leaves.

***

After breakfast we all go to the beach. I sit in the sand with Peeta and play with his hair. Finnick and Annie seem so happy to be back together. I've never seen Finnick smile like that, and when he looks at baby Finn he gets a glimmer in his eye. I can tell that he loves him with all his heart.

I want something like that. I know I have Peeta, but I want something that I've made. A little one thats completely mine and that I can hold in my arms and love. I want a child.

No. No. No! Katniss! Snap out of it! You do not want a child. You can not bring a child into this cruel sick place called life! You do not want a child. You do not want a child. You do not want a child...

I open my eyes and notice that everyones staring at me. "What?",I ask.

"You were just sitting there curled up into a ball. You had your eyes closed tight and looked like you were in pain. You had your hands over your ears",says Peeta with a worried expression on his face. "Annie does that sometimes",replied Finnick. "I don't anymore",she responded. Peeta continues,"You were also whispering something over and over again that we couldn't hear. I'm worried about you Kat" "I'm fine just...stressed,I guess" "Stressed?",asked Peeta,clearly unconvinced. "I think I'm gonna go back to the house",I say and leave.

I have a lot to think about.
Do I really want a child?
What is happening?
Why am I thinking like this?!

***

I get to the house and go to me and Peeta's room. I instantly plop down on the bed from exhaustion. I've had a hard day. Baby? No.

I'll just sleep on it.